3. Star Breeze
With much anticipation and a positive attitude we boarded the Star Breeze recently. We love the tall ships but thought we would give the Star Breeze a try. Our last cruise was on a bigger Seabourn. The Star Breeze is lovely in many ways but I think Windstar needs to rethink their theme...180 degrees from ordinary. We are talking about two vastly different types of cruise experiences...the tall ships and the cruise ships. Herein lies the problem. Having come off a Seabourn ship it was hard not to compare. (also because the Seaboard logo is still displayed on most cabin doors etc.) The difference between the two was most obvious when it came to housekeeping. Granted Windstar has doubled its fleet as well as staff. Many of the crew on board were welcomed and familiar faces. But most were new to the Windstar line. You know that "Ahh I'm home" feeling you get when you are first shown your new cabin? Sadly that was lacking. I sat on the couch and looked at the mirror behind the 2 opposite chairs. It obviously had not been cleaned in a long time! When I entered the bathroom the same was true of all mirrored surfaces. Left behind were remnants of the previous guest...yuck. Housekeeping issues were also apparent in other public spaces. For the last few days we passed two badly stained dining room chairs left at the entrance of the Amphora restaurant. These were obviously pulled from the restaurant. Enough on housekeeping. I did speak the the head housekeeper at the reception for previous guests. She was speaking to our steward as we returned to the room. Very nice young man but not well trained. He then smeared the mirrored surfaces with a dry cloth. Made it look worse. Enough on housekeeping. The crew really works hard but they greeted us with a smile and many times by our name. A hallmark Windstar experience. They are to be commended. The food was excellent as well. Certainly nothing but praise there. BTW, we were on the cruise where a drunk 43 year old woman went overboard. Fortunately the seas were calm and boat drifting. She was pulled into the rescue boat alive and well about 1:10 minutes later. Kudos to the entire staff! We enjoyed our week aboard the ship. I think the potential is there to make the new vessels shine in the market. However, it is an entirely different cruise experience than the tall ships. The experience will be compared to other "cruise ship" and Windstar needs to look at the competition and step up. Attention to detail is what makes Seabourn stand out. Winstar take notice! This isn't a barefoot cruise any more!

Great Potential, but Growing Pains

G&S2C’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Breeze price drops

Balcony Suite
Cabin BS1
Housekeeping a problem. Rooms size and decor great
Deck 6 Suite Cabins