3. Grand Princess
I have been on the Grand Princess a few times, so I didn't set my expectations to high because I know that she is almost 20 years old. She is a Grand Princess, yes her age is showing and she will be having a complete refurbishment in Spring of 2016, which I am sure will only make her grander. I love the size of the ship, I am not a mega cruise ship person, so the Grand is a perfect size. The embarkation was easy-breezy. Because I have a disability I needed a wheelchair as soon as I got to the port building. I was immediately put in a chair and was done with check in less than 15 minutes. Another 10 minutes to get on the ship and into my room. My rental scooter was waiting for me. A phone call to the room steward got a small table and small nightstand moved out of my room so I could fit the scooter in the room and turn it around to get back out. The disembarkation was exactly the same, very easy. My room steward's name was Danny and he was always ready, willing and able to help me in any way he could. I thanked him for everything he did and he told me it should be him thanking me because I was one of the easiest passengers he has taken care of. I had a balcony cabin on the Caribe Deck (deck 10), C509 mid ship. The room was wonderful.The bed was so comfortable I think I slept better on the ship then I do at home. It was clean and had enough closet space for two or three people. The balcony was a welcome addition because I normally only do Ocean View but this was an upgrade present from Princess. The only problem was it was cold in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Everyone was complaining about how cold it was, about 50 to 55 degrees during the day. Most passengers just brought a sweater and were freezing during the tours. San Diego was warm, the sun came out and it was beautiful. The DaVinci dining room, the staff was great and I sat with a great bunch of people from all over California. The only problem was that there was only one working elevator to get us to the dining room and it was the smallest elevator on the ship, so if a walker and a wheelchair were on this elevator, only two other people could get on. My first night I started for the dining room at 5:00 with dinner being at 5:30 and finally made it to the dining room at 5:45. I will have to ask for a different dining room on the next Grand Cruise. The Buffet food was very good and you could have breakfast in the Michelangelo dining room if you didn't want to go to the buffet. I ordered room service for a late breakfast two morning and the food was delicious and warm. The entertainment was good, it wasn't the best I have ever seen but after two shows I quit going because it just wasn't that good. The cruise director's staff was very good and kept everyone interested in being busy, very busy. It was too cold to try and swim in the pool but while in San Diego and Ensenada so people did try swimming and the hot tubs. All in all, it was a relaxing, interesting cruise.

Phenomenal Cruise

Grand Princess Cruise Review by firegal2539

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony

All in all, it was a relaxing, interesting cruise.
firegal2539’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B2 C509
The cabin was a good size, with a closet with enough room for two or three people. Lots of storage space. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I only used the balcony a few times because it was cold out there but I did watch the Golden Gate Bridge as we sailed under it and watch the port of Santa Barbara when docked there. I had the room steward remove a small bedside table and a small night stand so that I could drive my mobility scooter into the room and turn it around in the room to get it back out.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins