3. Oasis of the Seas
Just returned from 7 night cruise on RCL Oasis of the Seas. Most everyone I met on board agreed the ship is just too big (RCL should listen to cruisers as we heard they are building even bigger ones!). The ship was beautiful and clean but total disappointment. Day 1 was total and utter chaos. The boarding itself went rather smoothly but once on board everyone was jammed into the Royal Promenade trying to sell you something; dragging carry-on luggage with 6000 others was not fun. There was no where to sit and The Windjammer buffet was terrible; most food was cold or soggy; fruit was not ripe enough to eat. The evening dinner was not bad most nights - except the night I bit into a piece of glass in my dessert and cut my mouth; spent evening picking small shards of glass from side of mouth; waiter witnessed and manager confirmed but spent more time making sure proper incident reports were filed versus making any resolution for me. I felt the entire cruise was very impersonal. This line also "nickeled and dimed" more than any others (this was my first cruise but travelling with 10 others who have been on multiple cruises with variety of cruiselines). It was confusing to know what was included and what you had to pay extra for. There were so many specialty restaurants and ice cream shop/bakery that you had to pay ALOT extra to eat. Beverage packages were pushed from Day 1 and were outrageously expensive as were individual drinks $10-14 plus 18% gratuity per drink. We also paid $12.95 per day per person for gratuity and then were given an envelope to leave more tips in cash. Our waiter told us to go back to the room and get cash for him because he wouldn't see it if we left it in the envelope - this was very tacky and irritating. The spa was also a huge conglomerate of pushy salespeople. One service was "not enough" and in addition pushed their products/supplements and services. The deal would have to be REALLY, REALLY good for me to ever cruise RCL Oasis again.

Oasis - beautiful ship; terrible experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hi2bets

hi2bets’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Our Cabin was very nice - glad we had the balcony; found room service breakfast to be better than the buffet
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans