MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

Beautiful ship, great service, excellent experience for a first cruise

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by vladimirbeograd

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

My wife and I had a great honeymoon cruise on MSC Preziosa. Took the plane to Milano, went to Centrale station and then took a train to Genova, Piazza Principe.

On account of the wedding trip we got a discount (on net price, without the ship taxes and tip amounts) and a complementary champagne and fruit plate on board.

This was our first cruise and I'd say my strongest impressions would be these:

a) cleanliness of the cabin and frequency of attending it - they made up the beds and exchanged towels twice per day

b) variety of on board programs - we used the gym, deck cafes, theatre (with shows 6 nights out of 7), dance lessons, and did not have to spend any time planning our on-board activities

c) the facilities and equipment level of the ship - really impressive, everything seems to be brand new

d) shows in the theatre - singing, dancing, visual effects, fun to watch every time

There were some additional costs involved, but I wouldn't say they were hidden. It was clear in advance, at least to us, that visiting large Europe ports requires spending some money. We were offered drink packages upon embarkation, but decided not to purchase any in advance. It turned out that occasional drink and coffee, with the supplied water/tea/juices during meal time (in the buffet, not the sit-down-dining restaurant mind you) was completely sufficient.

We did not, off course, appreciate too much giving priority passing to some passengers, but I wouldn't say it affected us that much. Once on embarkation and once on boarding the ship after a port visit. The disembarkation went completely smoothly.

Our dining experience was also great. We used it only 3-4 times though and for dinner only (it was offered for breakfast/lunch/dinner). The waiters were polite and the restaurant was very nicely decorated every time.

The whole cruise seemed very well organised and functioned as predicted by their daily itineraries. Every since we got home we've been telling our friends how great the travel was. We would definitely consider taking the same trip again.

vladimirbeograd's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom

Aix-en-Provence

Well organized, with a tour guide. A bit overpriced for my standards.

View All 115 Aix-en-Provence Reviews
Marseille Tour

Well organized, with a tour guide. A bit overpriced for my standards.

View All 74 Marseille Tour Reviews
Rome (Civitavecchia)

Great city to visit, a bit of a hassle to get to city centre - one bus ride to terminal border, another bus ride to train station, a train ride to downtown. Same trip backwards.

Palermo (Sicily)

Really convenient, the ship docks at a walking distance from main city sites.

Sardinia

Pleasant stay, only a short bus ride from ship to cruise terminal.

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Great city, the cleanest on the tour. Takes a somewhat short bus ride to get to main sites.

vladimirbeograd