3. Legend of the Seas
Embarkation was disorganised and a nightmare. Understaffed at checkin and untrained. No one knew what they were doing. Also no lanyard to keep ID cards safe. After an hour there we were led thru to immigration and customs where we were seated for another hour of waiting before being checked. No organisation and not enough staff yet again. A lot of disabled on board with wheel chairs and motor carts and not enough access and assistance for them. At the main venue areas not enough staff for bar and table service. 4 rooms had the sewer leak up through the shower. Some travellers were given a lower class room which was not what they paid for. Ship seemed old and tired.Tables not cleaned, windows dirty, rust everywhere, carpet dirty. Also a sewer smell in some corridors. If you wanted anything you paid for it. Did not have a general store for little things your run out of. Only high end shopping. What I could not understand in the planning and building of this ship is why there are no toilets on the floors where there is a bar or entertainment. If you were at the casino or any of the small bars you had to go either up or down a floor. Very poor planning. Also the amenities were not very clean. The food on board was of good quality. Restaurants and their service was of high quality. The only thing is in the Windjammer they could have had some food from the country we were in. Our room which was a balcony suite was just a room. It was comfortable and clean. I had to ask for a refrigerator, even though it was advertised as having one, for my medications. They were not going to give me one until I really started to complain and I was going to ring my travel agent and demand some sort of refund or upgrade of our room. Bathroom very small. Couldnt swing a cat in it. But you dont spend alot of time in your suites. The accessories like hair dryers need to be upgraded. Poor lighting as well. Tours are very expensive and you feel very pressured to purchase them instead of exploring on your own. For a ship that was refurbished in 2013 it is in poor condition. It is only a money making machine for the company. The general staff go out of their way to help you and make your trip pleasant but are run off their feet due to understaffing. The senior staff were at times rude and unaccomadating. Wont be sailing with Royal Caribbean again unless they improve. There are far better cruise line companies out there offering more for less.

Time to Scrap Legend of Seas and Senior Staff.

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Shelleysquilts

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Shelleysquilts’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 6042
Clean. Small. Poor lighting. Bathroom poor condition and small. No refrigerator until I complained even though advertised with one. Needed for medications.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins