Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by babbs60cruiser

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

If you are looking for Paradise this is not the place to be. This is my second time cruising and my husband Marks first. As we were leaving Tampa the weather did not cooperate and it started to rain. Typical Florida day though. We sat outside when we could on our super tiny balcony. The ship had a tired feeling to her. The junior suite was alright but kind of dirty. The grout in the shower had mold and I had to ask for a shower mat to use to stand on.

Went to the Lido buffet and had lunch. Yuck! I just don't understand how they can make food so awful! Mark thought it was just ok. Went for safety drill which was uneventful. Bellied up to the bar by the pool and had our first drink. Sat there for a little bit and went back to the room. Freshened up for dinner and experienced the "herding of the people" waiting outside the dining room until they finally opened the doors at 6 P.M. Taken to our shared table (not what we wanted). The food that night was ok so we thought things might be alright. Gambled and lost a bit and listened to a band in the bar that was pretty good.

Next morning went to the Breakfast buffet. We felt like we were in a Dollar Store or a Wal Mart with the way people dressed. One woman in her bathrobe, slippers and night gown had to weigh in at 450 Pds. I thought there were dress codes but obviously not enforced. Anyway the food once again was terrible. Hey, I was losing weight so I was ok with it. Heard about the dining room serving brunch and gave it a try. Not bad but still nothing special.

To make a long story short the food was lousy and there was not much to do while at sea. It took us 38 1/2 hours to dock in Cozumel. Enjoyed shopping there starting drinking a Margherita at 9:30 in the morning! Returned to the ship. This was Wednesday now and we were already not looking forward to being at see for another 17 hours and just went to our room to chill out. Thursday morning we finally docked in Grand Cayman and we asked our Steward what time Friday we arrived back in Tampa. (When I booked the trip I thought it was a 5 day 4 night cruise) Oops nope it would not arrive until Saturday morning. I could not take another day or night of the terrible mattress, my back was killing me and Mark did not want to stay onboard either. Sooo we decided that neither one of us was enjoying the ship nor the food we would leave the ship and stay the night on the island and fly home the next day.

We went through all of the paperwork to leave the ship and a very nice girl at the desk named Sarah and another named Amy assisted us with this. They did overcharge us which they reimbursed when we pointed it out to them. Overall, not impressed nor happy with the ship. We will cruise again but not on a Carnival line. RC for us next time.

babbs60cruiser's Full Rating Summary