• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Splendour of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

Splendour did turn out splendid, after a couple of issues.

Review for Splendour of the Seas to the Eastern Mediterranean
Mad RCI fan
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

I came home yesterday from a good cruise on Splendour of the Seas. My first cabin had a few problems and was awful and after day 3 I was finally moved to a new cabin that had become available during the cruise. You may wonder why I gave this review a 5 rating that is because of the staff who went as always above and beyond. Amit from the concierge lounge, Eliana from the Diamond Club Lawrence Assistant Hotel Director to name a few were amazing.

I know the ship is old and has had a few issues over the last few weeks but it was special to me just by the dedication of all the crew and staff. One high light of many for me was on day 3, I was invited to have lunch with the officers surely did the make a mistake I thought to invite me. I was so nervous but I did not need to be, suddenly I met a lovely couple whose husband I had sailed with in the past on Legend over a year ago and believe it or not we sat with Lawrence it was a lovely experience for me. I spent many hours after catching up with my friends. I met many great people on the cruise as well enjoying some fantastic weather and destinations.

I found the food on Splendour to be of a good standard I do not normally eat in the Windjammer but I did enjoy the food. The Main Dining Room also offered a good standard of food even though the menu never really changes. Chops Grill was truly amazing I eat there twice and enjoyed the company on the second time catching up with my friends.

Interior Stateroom

I have not mentioned my cabin I started with so if someone is reading this they will not be worried. I know that they were working hard to fix the issues with it. I was moved to deck 6 an inside cabin which I was very happy with during the rest of the cruise.

Port Reviews

Kusadasi

Great fun

Split

It was lovely to return to this port

Rhodes

Easy to get to the town from the ship

Dubrovnik

Very enjoyable to return there

Venice

It was nice to back in Venice

10 Helpful Vote