Maasdam was a good size for a first time cruiser. Enough choices for restaurants and lounges without being crowded. If I remember, the quoted number aboard was around 1160. Stateroom I-029 on Navigation Deck has more than enough space for a solo traveler. Crow's Nest was my favourite afternoon hangout, especially as we left port. Evenings were about dining and the showroom. I tried Caneletto and Pinnacle Grill, plus Le Cirque, with Pinnacle being on my future must-do. But the Rotterdam main dining room was my favourite because as a solo, I sat with a mix of new and repeat guests each evening at different tables.

Newbie First Cruise

Maasdam Cruise Review by Cruise4food

Cruise4food’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Maasdam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin I 029
Stateroom I-029 on Navigation Deck has more than enough space for a solo traveler. No troubles with the room equipment. Water, lights, toilet all worked fine. Neptune Lounge located just next door was quiet.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins