• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

chinon
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin:

The magnificent new ship, the Viking Star, was a luxurious travel experience. There are so many areas to gather and socialize or wonderful spots to sit and quietly read or doze. The two-level Explorer's Lounge is a particularly comfortable location for relaxation with its bar, easy chairs and sofas and soothing nighttime musical entertainment. Perched high at the bow of the ship, it gives one the feeling--at least during daylight hours--of being 'king of the world'. The main dining room was divided into sections so you don't have the feeling of dining in an immense room with many distractions. We met a lot of new friends simply through impromptu conversations with our neighbors at the tables either side of us.

Speaking of dining, the food was excellent at all venues on board with choices to satisfy everyone. We tried both specialized restaurants, The Chef's Table and Manfredi's (Italian cuisine). They were both superb and provided wonderful supplementary dining experiences. The dining room staff was very personable, extremely attentive and very accommodating of personal preferences and any food allergies.

Our deluxe stateroom was very comfortable and the bathroom was even more spacious than I remember our river cruise accommodation--which was fine anyway. I would suggest, however, that firmer pillows be provided for those of us who prefer or need them. I loved to sit on the veranda as we entered a port or were berthed dockside, just observing the activity in the harbor, taking pictures and relaxing.

Cabin Deluxe veranda

Sufficiently spacious and very comfortable. Large and nicely appointed bath. Great veranda. I would suggest (simply because of my own preference) a choice of a firmer pillow or two for the bed.

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $3,299