3. Celebrity Constellation
My 20th cruise and 5th with Celebrity - this was not nearly as good as the other Celebrity cruises. Some ways that Celebrity fell down: Embarkation was awful. We were dropped off by taxi and after going through initial security had to roll our luggage across a large parking lot in pouring rain while luggage handlers stood under shelter. Check in was quick. We did walk off disembarkation and there were no issues. Celebrity changed the itinerary to Israel two days before departure. We were in CDG airport when the text message was delivered. Less desirable ports were substituted - Greece cruises are generally less expensive than Holy Land cruises - no compensation was given except $15+ refund of Israel port charges. UK guests were given the opportunity to cancel with a refund which Guest Services adamantly denied. Israel booked excursions which are very expensive were not refunded - shipboard credit was given which meant a lot of spending on board or forgoing the refund. Room service was appalling. One morning we had a phone call at 7am inquiring if we knew the omelet we ordered for the 7-7:30 delivery was an upcharge. We knew. By 7:40 the food had not been delivered. After two separate calls it was delivered five minutes before we had to meet in the theater for an excursion. In all cases the hot food was room temp and berry parfait was soggy. (If the parfait is ordered in the spa area they charge so I guess I should be glad it was free!). We did receive a bottle of champagne and an apology, but we don't like champagne so it made a nice gift to a fellow cruiser. San Marco dining open seating - very slow service and cold food. One night we waited over thirty minutes for our waiter only to learn that there was no waiter assigned to our table! Chaos in seating diners for buffets in the MDR. I believe Celebrity knew it was a mess because on our last day we received six free chocolate dipped strawberries in our room from the Maitre-D. 10th floor buffet - good variety of salads and cold food but chronic missing cups, coffee, cream, dishes, etc. Hot Food selection was very mundane, however. Also frequently tables were loaded with dirty dishes in the evening when looking for a table. (we gave up on San Marco.) In general a severe lack of activities - it was good if you wanted a spa sales job, art auction, or other paying activity. Free activities- almost none. Enrichment speaker was good especially with the itinerary change. Entertainment was adequate - nice guitar in the cafe, and orchestra in the reflection lounge on a couple occasions; Other lounges nothing and they were all empty. It seemed like a very empty ship although staff denied it. Shore excursions were mediocre and expensive. The shore excursion staff was very good, though, and helped when I noticed at the last minute that I booked the wrong excursion on the TV. (Or maybe it wasn't my fault given how many problems I encountered.) Captains Club perks are nice, but most require a purchase. (Free: 90 mins Internet, scoop of gelato, launder 20 items, dry clean one item, press two items. They make the room attendants do the free things!) Condition of ship was good given its age and seemed very clean. Our concierge room on deck 8 was small, but nice and up to par. A couple bright spots: Elias in Reflections lounge and Angel in dining room (how does he remember everyone's name?). Our stateroom attendant was also very good. This was very far from our best cruise and actually one of the worst.

Ok Cruise, But Not Up To Celebrity Standards

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by fabric_fabric

This was very far from our best cruise and actually one of the worst.
fabric_fabric’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 8050
Nice room and standard celebrity size. A bit of an obstacle due to window washer, but not awful.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins