3. Caribbean Princess
SATIRE: This was my first cruise and my girlfriends 4th. We booked L106 which was Suite with a front view. Let me first say that I had no expectations and that is good thing. 1. On Board Customer Service- "we can't help you" (meaning we don't care?) 2. Dining room service - slow and slower 3. Entertainment - boring and 3rd class 4. Activities - repeat repeat and repeat 5. Food - quality of McD including Pastry (very disappointing) 6. Employee Attitude - "I don't care--you've already paid for tips in advance" 7. Booms in the middle of the night - UNHAPPY crew members throwing things on floor above our room? These are the good things I have to say about my cruise. Here is one more example. A nice couple from Ireland, one of which was in a wheel chair booked a handicapped room. They told me Princess charged them $200 to use an ON-BOARD wheel chair AND the chair was to big for the doorway to their room. They had book a handicapped room but Princess didn't have that on record. When they complained, on board Customer service said "too bad, we can't help you". After writing via Internet to Corp. headquarters, they told me they were moved to a different room but would have to return to this room later in their cruise. Last but not least, the cost of a cruise (and it appears all cruises are this way) are the ADD ON EXPENSES YOU FIND OUT ABOUT AFTER THE SHIP SAILED. Want a coke, EXTRA. Want 3 scoops of ice cream, EXTRA. Want a better dinning experience, EXTRA. Want a cup off coffee at 6AM not in the buffet, EXTRA To be fair, there are always two sides to each story. I tried to keep an open mind. The bottom line is if you paid $500 PP or, like we did, $2500 PP, except for the room, you have add on after add on. Required fee for pre-paid tips is an insult but I knew about that in advance. It showed in most (but not all) employee attitudes. We paid for a 1st class cabin that gave us ZERO benefits for food or service. It only gave us a bigger room and a view which I would do again, maybe?? I will say our cabin attendant JOHN was GREAT!! He kept our room spotless and replaced towels as needed and supplies constantly. However, some of the other attendants were rude and never smiled. So, before you take a cruise or book on Princess, it isn't the fine print but figure the TRUE COST of and what you expect to gain from a cruise. If I didn't know better, I'd say PRINCESS WAS OWNED BY MOTEL 6. So if you want a "motel 6" experience over say a HILTON, then have at it and pay Hilton prices for a motel 6 experience. Again, just my opinion and satire.

Think twice before taking a Princess cruise, or any cruise.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by bob749boat

SATIRE:

1. On Board Customer Service- "we can't help you" (meaning we don't care?)

2. Dining room service - slow and slower

3. Entertainment - boring and 3rd class

4. Activities - repeat repeat and repeat

5. Food - quality of McD including Pastry (very disappointing)

6. Employee Attitude - "I don't care--you've already paid for tips in advance"

Again, just my opinion and satire.
bob749boat’s Full Rating Summary