3. Anthem of the Seas
I'm a travel agent so my experience will be different than yours but I wanted you to see what we see. First I was picked up by Motor Coach at Newark. It was a long drive to Bayonne but it's free so beggars right? Once I arrived I was quickly through the check in process and on to the ship. There were no porters to take bags but the flip side.... the ship was only about 25 - 33% full. Food - EXCELLENT. Now, I'm a meat and potatoes guy.... but all the food I had was very good. My only complaint would be late night..... They only had pizza and a little sandwich shop open late when people were partying. I was especially disappointed that there were no sweets or ice cream open late. Drinks - Well.... I don't drink anymore. I know... BOO.... but The Bionic Bar is VERY COOL..... watching the robot arms make your drink..... seeing the time left until it's prepared and the man I spoke with said it's the best Long Island Iced Tea he'd ever tasted.... so Kudos for the cool new way to market a drink. Lots of opportunities to partake in the restaurants, bars and everywhere. Unfortunately the Specialty Restaurants were invitation only so I couldn't test them out.... They do offer aged steaks and an Italian restaurant..... sushi.... They have Starbucks coffee and pastries. Oh and the Wayfarer Market Buffet..... they bake bread there..... so many different types.... I could live there. Shows..... "We Will Rock You" was Very Good. The two female cast leaders Ozzy and Scaramouche were top notch. "Cabaret".... Also Very Good..... lots of excellent costumes and dancing.... The acrobat aerialists added something special to the spectacle..... and the cast was just generally beautiful which is always a plus. Bands - Both bands were outstanding.... I've heard cover bands before. I'm a musician and play in cover bands..... both Phoenix and The Wild Boys were way above average! The crowds LOVED THEM and danced their butts off. Cabin - Balcony. Good not great. The bed was hard.... now I like a hard mattress but I was a bit surprised at how hard this one was. And, as you know, they push two beds together to make a queen. I could feel the point where they come together. I recommend a mattress pad to alleviate that problem. I still slept well for what it's worth. SO MUCH SPACE to put away all my clothes..... good Lord..... however no outlet in the bathroom for my electric toothbrush???? The hair dryer is sub par. Nice flat screen with easy controls. Balcony spacious but I didn't partake as it was pretty cold.... could easily have breakfast out there in the Caribbean. Activities - VERY GOOD.... I pretty much did it all. That was a big thing for me because I wanted to be able to tell other potential clients what to expect. Rip Cord is fun but it's somewhat demanding..... to hold your body in that position with the wind blowing hard on you. TOTALLY FUN! Flow Rider..... much harder than I thought it would be.... I couldn't control the board and fell a few times before finally managing to stay up for about a minute or so.... very difficult to master. Rock Climbing.... I climbed straight to the top no problem. I'm in decent shape but it's demanding. I roller skated.... had to help the DJ find appropriate 70's dance music to make the scene work. I did not try the bumper cars but it's standard bumpers. NOTE: Due to the total number of passengers you should expect long wait times on ALL of these activities. With thousands of people on the ship there will be lines. Still.... it was lots of fun. NO WATERSLIDE????? I was extremely surprised to find just normal pools and jacuzzi tubs.... and the hot tubs did not have jets blasting on your back or neck to sooth tired muscles.... just a hot tub with bubbles. Overall - This is a HUGE ship with a ton of passengers. The crew is exceptional as is their service.... beautiful and charming.... I only wish I had more time to experience the cruise. I would have liked to schedule a massage..... facility looked gorgeous as did the staff. ;) My experience will simply be very different than yours because when you sail the ship will be full. I would expect great food and service..... some lines..... great entertainment and an overall wonderful trip. For the money you're not going to see much better on the high seas.

Beautiful New Ship