3. Avalon Creativity
This was my fourth river cruise on Avalon Waterways. The cruise was excellent as was the food, cruise director, personnel on boar; however, as far as the ship rooms go, they were quite small and the bathroom was particularly small. It was similar to the first ship I was on for my first cruise in 2009. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable trip. River cruises are the way to go in my book. There was a small number of guests which made it more easy to meet new friends. I was with a large group of friends and we were accomodated on more than one occasion so that we could all be together on an excursion. We appreciated that. Were were all non-drinkers of alcohol. On one occasion when there was a toast, we weren't offered a non-alcoholic beverage to join in, but it worked out OK. Some of my friends were disappointed in the taste of the soft drinks, though. We loved the small lounge room with the delicious cookies, muffins and donuts. On a previous cruise, fruit was included in that room but I didn't ever see any this time. That would have been a nice snack choice. Also, because it was a season when the weather was cold, it would have been nice for this room to have had enough hot chocolate on hand. Every time I went, there wasn't any or maybe only one serving. The food at each meal was great with multiple choices. The local breads were very good, too. All personnel were friendly and accommodating. The transfers were seemless; however, at the airport on arrival, we wanted to get some Euros and the guide who picked us up said we could do it at the hotel which was not a true statement. Since I have been on 4 cruises, I have seen the ship's crew skit night several times. I must admit that I find the skit the crew does where three young men wear bath robes and have a gong that they bang...very offensive. I think it would be better if that was cut out altogether. Some people who are drinkers and enjoying themselves laughed heartily. I just have thought both times I saw it that it was inappropriate and offensive. Also I think in a company of mostly senior citizens, the presentation of poems, etc referring to sex, etc is also inappropriate and offensive. I may be the only one to comment on this but that is the way I feel. I enjoyed the excursions very much that I chose except for the Paris bus ride at night. For the price paid, it was not very good. The guide was great, just seemed the ride and places we drove to were not very good. Also, the visit to the Louvre WAS WAY TOO SHORT. There is so much to see and we literally raced through the place (as best we could with hoards of people there) to see only 5 of the most important pieces. the guide again was very knowledgeable and made it very enjoyable. Just wish there had been more time to see more. Also, there were so many excursions, both included and extra that overlapped each other. Many of us wanted to go on some that occurred at the same times. We especially appreciated Avalon setting up an added excursion to Versailles for our large group. It was perfect and well worth the $64. The guide was great, too. I have recommended Avalon to many friends. I won't travel on any other cruise line. Thank you so much for a wonderful time.

Paris to Normandy to Paris

Avalon Creativity Cruise Review by sondraroseborough

All personnel were friendly and accommodating.

Thank you so much for a wonderful time.
sondraroseborough’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Creativity price drops

The cabin was small and the bathroom even smaller. To shower, all one had to do was rub soap on the walls and the you just turn around and voila!, you're done.
  Avalon Creativity Deck Plans