3. Norwegian Gem
To me, what makes a cruise memorable are the staff. My recent cruise with Norwegian makes me want to make them my first choice cruise line. The arts and crafts, which is one of the few things I participate in on board were poor. Most days it was origami and they didn't even use proper paper, but used scrap paper. Come on....pony up some funds for paper. How much can it be? Or even better, have better quality classes. Origami with scrap paper is a cop out. The singers and dancers were great. Choreography left a little to be desired, but they did a great job with the material they were given. Duo Balskat was a phenomenal show. Husband and wife acrobatic adagio act. The magic show and the comedy show were okay at best. I missed the Second City show in the auditorium but caught some improv at the lounge. Very enjoyable. Snorkeling in Tortola is something I would do again in a heartbeat. Lagoon Kayaking was canceled due to weather. Dining in the main dining room never disappointed me. We received a free meal in La Cucina that didn't compare to the main dining room and I'm sorry I missed going to the Grand Pacific that night. I tried to go to 'the trough' a couple afternoons and had trouble finding a seat. It's always too crowded around the food and at the tables. I much prefer the service in the main dining room but it was not open for lunch on port days. As I said in the beginning, what makes a cruise for me is the quality of the service staff. I only found a couple servers at breakfast that didn't have a smile on their face and didn't seem happy to be of service. Everybody else in all areas of the ship were so friendly and accommodating. I don't know if they are made to, but I enjoy when staff acknowledges my presence whenever they see me. I purchased four future cruise deposits for NCL.

NCL may be my new go-to cruise line.

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by stillbliss

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

Duo Balskat was a phenomenal show. Husband and wife acrobatic adagio act.

The magic show and the comedy show were okay at best.

I purchased four future cruise deposits for NCL.
stillbliss’s Full Rating Summary