Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by lwatkins

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Let me start by saying this was our first time visiting the Hawaiian islands for both of us. We booked our trip almost a year in advance to assure we'd get a spot. This was the famous "Halloween" trip to Hawaii. We had previously taken the cruise to Mexico in 2012 and enjoyed the trip.

The Good: We ate in the Bachhus dining assigned seating most of the trip.There was always a new selection of dinner/dessert items and everything was delicious, well cooked and seasoned. We got to know our wait staff and they were very good at serving us professionally. Breakfast was always the same except for a couple of entrees which were served every couple of days. We didn't eat much as for lunch but I did sample some of the different cuisines and they were decent. Thin crust pizza was good and you could get different varieties.

The Gym was well stocked with free weights, machines, Jacuzzi, steam, sauna. The Serinity Deck was a great place to relax, read and meet wonderful people. We didn't take in many shows this time but did go to the Comedy shows and the comics were funny. It was nice to see people actually winning in the casino this trip as I don't recall many winners on the Mexico trip. Our room was always addressed when we left our room card on the door. I didn't have to ask for towels/bedding.

All our excursions went smoothly except the Kona stop. Because the swells were rocking the ship and tenders it was difficult for many older folks to get their sea legs and get in/out of the tenders. I didn't miss my sub ride fortunately. The weather was never much of a factor to and from Long Beach and it never rained the whole time we were in the islands. It was beautiful!

Now the bad : Caranival should figure out how to speed up embarkation. There were many older people having to stand for long periods and in exposed sun. Unfortunately they can't board you until the ship has been cleaned. I get it. Carnival needs to improve the television Direct TV. If your TV says it has 20+ channels then please show them. The TV was constantly showing repeat carnival stuff and most of the time the other channels weren't coming in. It's Direct TV (SATELLITE) How does the ship fail to get a signal in the middle of the ocean and no bad weather!! Some of us just want to relax in our rooms and watch TV. One Major Issue with this problem was that your sports bar could not show the opening game of the WORLD SERIES!!! The Miracle had some previous issues with propulsion vibration. I don't know how bad it was before they dry docked the ship earlier this year to fix it, but the ship still has vibration issues. Our bed vibrated the entire time we were under power. You do get use to it and it didn't seem to effect sleep, but that's just me. We were mid-ship 6th floor.

Overall, We had a good time on board and the staff and crew were great to us. Thank You Carnival for an overall enjoyable experience.

lwatkins's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Cabin was clean but had some wear showing on cabinetry and furniture. Carpet and bed were clean and comfortable.

lwatkins