3. Caribbean Princess
We were originally booked in an obstructed view and when they had a price drop after our final payment, they would not give me the new lower price, but did offer a free upgrade to a balcony on Lido deck. We had L226 which is Balcony Forward on the Port side. I was concerned about noise since its on the same deck as pools, bars, and Horizon Court Buffet. We could not hear a sound from the parties or other activities. We were right below the Lotus Spa so no noise above either. I was also concerned about ship movement since you can feel more movement the higher you go. Since I've never experienced ANY rough seas on any of our Caribbean cruises (4), I thought we were safe......WRONG! First 3 days were perfect, but during dinner Saturday night we all noticed the ship leaning quite a bit toward the port side. This lasted throughout our 2 hour dinner. It wasn't until we left dinner we could see that the port side looked like a hurricane blowing and starboard was dry. We had met up with a cold front out of Texas and it was howling wind and rain and they had us leaning into the wind on Port side. We did start to notice movement of the ship as we headed up to deck 15 to our cabin. By the time we got up there, you could not stand up straight, and had to hold on to the walls, furniture, what ever was handy. We went up, down, and sideways all at the same time. My daughter who's cabin was on 11 was concerned about us, and came up and said it was way worse on our deck than hers. So needless to say, IF you suffer from sea sickness, don't book these rooms. Of course I understand that this was not typical so we just drew the short straw. You could hear the wind howling through the balcony door during the storm, like an old horror movie. Water did seep in and our carpet was soggy the next morning. The crew and staff did do their best to see to the passengers needs during this time. Friends our ours on 8 (ocean view) said the waves actually complete covered their windows and they were under water, which I could understand since we could see tops of the waves all the way up to our balcony. The next morning was beautiful, calm, and cool. Our balcony had tons of trash from who knows where. Cabin was typical, but carpet needed cleaning as did the chair, showing stains. There were some paint flaking in bath room, and grout needed good cleaning. Room steward NEVER refilled body wash or shampoo the entire trip (it wasn't full when we boarded either). I think our steward must of been on the end of his tour, seemed grumpy and not friendly at all. He never responded to my calls for towels or robe. Never gave us the usual pool towel or towel for excursion, we had to go to pool ourselves and get one. He even fussed at me when we placed our dirty plate outside room (we don't like our room smelling like food). I think this ship is scheduled for dry dock in April, and its time. We could smell sewer ordors right outside princess theatre on 6 and 7 and as you walked toward middle of ship. My daughters room on 11 inside cabin had same sewer smell.

Great 4 day get away, but don't book Lido if you get sea sick.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by StrawberryTx

StrawberryTx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF L226
Don't book if you are prone to sea sickness, otherwise great value.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins