3. Norwegian Sun
Our main complaint was the food. The menu has been the same on the last three cruises except for the lack of lobster in the main dining rooms. We were on a specialty dining plan and only tried the lobster once and found it to be tasteless and dry as if it had been cooked and recooked. Very disappointed! The Cagneys' restaurant which we always felt was the best had a big problem serving hot or cooked vegetables. We prefer our vegetables cooked but even after requesting them as such, they were served cold to the extent of biting into refrigerator cold. Also we had to send our soup back twice in order to get it hot. Again the menu did not have any variations from past years. The next biggest complaint was the fact that the Seven Seas and Four Seasons were not open on port days and honestly the buffet was not appealing at all. Mostly stews or goulash and foreign dishes we do not care for. I do applaud your hamburgers - they were good and good meat quality - but boring after awhile. Also I would like to see a thinner bun for the burgers as the others were just too much bread. Your chopped sirloin with onions was delicious. A few simple chicken breasts would have been appreciated instead of chicken salad or processed chicken. Again vegetables were never hot! The service was excellent, both in the special dining rooms as well as in the buffet area. I do agree with others that the ice cream should be self serve and more than one station! I also want to comment that neither of us found your entertainment to be worthy of its name. The singers were not as good or the productions not as good as several others we have seen on the Norwegian past cruises. We also found the smell off the back area by the Sports Bar and back deck to be very offensive and remember the same smell from our last cruise in March. I feel this should have been rectified before this cruise. Finally I wish to comment on our shore excursions. The one we took in Mazatlan we went on a topless bus. Unfortunately, my husbands is handicapped in such a way that he had to stay on the lower level, the view wasn't as good, but that wasn't the problem. The host was on the top with the microphone and was not speaking very loud, but also his accent was too pronounced. Unfortunately there were two or three couples that did nothing but visit due to the unability to hear our speaker, but it made it impossible for the rest of us to hear a thing. The second tour the one for the second day in Cabo was better, but I feel the glass factory was too long with the emphasis for people to purchase. We sat 20 mins. longer than schedule waiting for some buyers. I feel we could have had more time at a proper shopping area if that was possible. I have been praising the NCL cruises to everyone that will listen, but I will not again, until I see an improvement over this one. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come due to a recent merger!

Not a Happy Camper!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by kathyrob

kathyrob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

excellant - except poor water drainage...had to use all our towels to keep the floor dry in order to prevent a fall
  Norwegian Sun Deck Plans

• El Arco and city tour
    Boat tour was excellant, the bus was too dark and not able to see much through the windows and would have appreciated a little more sightseeing. Not as much time at the glass blowing.
    View All 13,794 El Arco and city tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    could not understand or hear the speaker as he was on the top deck and we were on the bottom and others continued to talk as i am sure they could not hear neither.
    View All 49 City Tour Reviews