• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Bob E
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Balcony

This was my tenth or eleventh cruise. It was wonderful.

It was a short cruise, 5 days, so we extended the vacation a bit by staying at the nearby Marriott the night before. Embarkation was well organized and the room was available right away. We were on the Verandah Deck (8) very close to the forward stairs, which we found to be a surprisingly quiet location. The stateroom was immaculate and comfortable, and it was given great care by our steward, Jerry.

I love the dining room experience on cruises and choose it for every dinner, if possible. I can get steakhouse food anywhere on land, but I cannot find the creative dishes served in the dining rooms anywhere else. And on this cruise Joe, our waiter, remembered everything-- how they do it, I don't know, but a great waiter (and a great room steward) can literally make the cruise, as it did for me and my travel companion.

Balcony

Cabin 8E

Immaculate, comfortable. quiet.

Port Reviews

Nassau

The primary experience was a visit to a local restaurant for sampling of various conch dishes, as well as a demonstration of their preparation.

The second, a chocolate factory, and later, a distillery, were less interesting, although satisfactory.

Find a Carnival Splendor Cruise