3. Carnival Splendor
This was my tenth or eleventh cruise. It was wonderful. It was a short cruise, 5 days, so we extended the vacation a bit by staying at the nearby Marriott the night before. Embarkation was well organized and the room was available right away. We were on the Verandah Deck (8) very close to the forward stairs, which we found to be a surprisingly quiet location. The stateroom was immaculate and comfortable, and it was given great care by our steward, Jerry. I love the dining room experience on cruises and choose it for every dinner, if possible. I can get steakhouse food anywhere on land, but I cannot find the creative dishes served in the dining rooms anywhere else. And on this cruise Joe, our waiter, remembered everything-- how they do it, I don't know, but a great waiter (and a great room steward) can literally make the cruise, as it did for me and my travel companion. We didn't do much in the way of entertainment, because we had a late seating in the dining room and were pretty much wiped out at the end of the day. But the shows we took in were good. We're booked in early January on the Miracle out of Long Beach-- a longer cruise with early dining, so we'll be able to take in more entertainment. The cruise was flawless. Absolutely.

Splendor; Splendid to the Bahamas

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Bob E

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
This was my tenth or eleventh cruise. It was wonderful.

The cruise was flawless. Absolutely.
Bob E’s Full Rating Summary