3. Carnival Breeze
My 8 day exotic southern Caribbean itinerary on the Breeze was a dream cruise for me. This will have been my third cruise with Carnival, having had a similarly wonderful experience last November on the Magic out of Galveston. I'd done my homework and I know what to expect, what to avoid, and how to make a Carnival cruise something memorable and magical. This was no let down. I was celebrating my 32 anniversary with my spouse for the cruise. We arrived at the Port of Miami right around noon. Since we didn't have Faster to the Fun nor are we platinum status, I didn't want to wait too long. All lines moved quickly, and from dropping off my bags to running through security, getting my sign and sail card, to having my group number called and getting on the ship was just over an hour. I am consistently amazed at the graciousness and hospitality of the entire breadth of support personnel on the ship. Our cabin steward, Ivalena, was so helpful and kept our spa balcony spotless with fresh towels, ice, toiletries, and evening turn down service. We enjoyed many of the spa and sports amenities by taking the free stretch classes and abs classes on port days. We also signed up for the 4 spin class package and had excellent leadership with Luis and Jason leading these classes. We enjoyed eating twice in the Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse on the first and last nights of our cruise. Overall, the service in this place is superlative. The quality of the food is excellent, although some things are definitely better than others. Mirena, a senior steward in the steakhouse, came over to talk to us and make our meals special. We got a complimentary dinner in the Cuchina del Capitano for our anniversary which was very nice as well. One night we tried the Bonsai Sushi and found the food, while not too adventurous, was spectacularly presented, probably as fancy as any sushi restaurant in which I've ever eaten, and I've had a lot of sushi all over the country. The service that night in the Bonsai, sadly, left a bit to be desired; I believe they were overwhelmed. Service for breakfast, sea-day brunches, and dinners, whether American Table or more formal American Feast were amazing. The food is as good as it's ever been. My only nit on the food would be that sometimes it's less than hot when served, but that's not too much of an issue for me. I avoided eating on the lido deck. Buffets are not my style. I did try the Blue Iguana Cantina for lunch one day back from a port day in the Dominican Republic. My tacos tasted good, but they gave me heartburn, so I never went back. As for everybody's favorite Guy's Burgers joint. I finally had one of these on my second to last sea day. It was so greasy and heavy, I felt lethargic and slow minutes after eating it. This type of artery clogging food is not for me either. Fortunately, there are plenty of fresh, healthy options available on the ship. I loved the Serenity deck and the bar. I never really had to look too long for an empty chaise or even wait for an empty covered clam. The staff knew me by name and after day one didn't even ask for my sign and sail card when I ordered a cocktail. Only on one night did I try the comedy club, and I wasn't too amused by the comedian so I left early. However, I did check out the Divas show. I thought it was great, although I didn't ever suspect that Prince qualified as a diva! Another interesting activity on the ship was the exclusive Behind the Fun tour of the ship on the second to the last sea day. Wow! There is so much that goes on behind the scenes on this ship, this 'excursion' is a must if you're curious about how everything works on the Breeze. We won trivia twice, once in the Red Frog Pub for a 120 ounce tube of beer with our team of 5. Another time, we won a Ship on a Stick in the Ocean Plaza. The entertainment on the ship was quite varied, with delightful modern accordianist in the lobby bar as well as a pop string trio to perform before dinner. Ocean Plaza had an Eighties pop cover band to keep everyone rocking. The ship's Cruise Director Matt Mitcham is a pure delight. He's fast, funny and hugely entertaining. He was a stitch for the Love and Marriage show, the Hasbro the Game Show, and for the Halloween costume contest (which I was pleased to be a finalist for!). I can't believe what a great value I get with Carnival. The experience is magical. These are vacations I'll never forget.

Breeze was a dream.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by misterkevin

misterkevin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S 12010
Clean, efficient, and neat, this quiet balcony cabin had a great, unobstructed port view. A/C and heating were perfect as was the water pressure and temperature in the shower. I wish the shower drain wasn't as slow, but overall, it was very nice.
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Arikok National Park
    Run and book the Outback and Natural Pools adventure by Jeep! It's a raucous ride through the deserted outback of Arikok State Park and a tour through the bat caves and breathtakingly spectacular coastline and dip in the amazing natural pools. This tour was the highlight of the cruise.
    View All 20 Arikok National Park Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    The best snorkeling of my cruise was right off the edge of the beach the Jan Thiel resort in Curacao! Amazing fish. Very nice resort with reserved chairs and beachside cocktail service.
    View All 42 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Grand Turk
    Great experience at two snorkel sites with Carnival's snorkel adventure. We went to the wall and to horseshoe reef and saw beautiful fish and reef structures, we also got to pet a sweet nurse shark.
    View All 2,111 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    The trip to Santo Domingo was a special treat. What an interesting, historical city! We visited Christopher Columbus' castle and the oldest cathedral in the western hemisphere. This made the Dominican Republic seem so special and exotic. Highly recommended!
    View All 13 City Tour Reviews
  • Miami
    The Port of Miami is a behemoth. Lines can be long for embarkation, so I didn't arrive too early by about 12:15 and got on the ship in about 1 hour.
    View All 2,411 Miami Cruise Port Reviews