3. Carnival Breeze
This was my 13th cruise on Carnival and 15th cruise overall. First time on a Dream class ship with Carnival. I was impressed from the moment we arrived until the time the kicked us off 8 days later kicking and screaming because I did not want to leave. (Just kidding) We flew down a day early, like always and spent the day exploring the South Beach area, we choose to stay at Starlite Hotel on Ocean drive, a nice quaint hotel in the heart of the main strip. Nice facility and room, would stay there again if cruising out of Miami. Next three cruises booked are out of Tampa, Charleston and Port Canaveral, so may be back in 2017 for the Vista. I prearranged Top Shuttle Miami to pick us up at 11:15 to take us to the port. They called at 10:45 to confirm pick up time and they arrived right on time for the short dive over to the port. Priority Check in through security was quick and painless, only a small wait in the Captain's Lounge for the Platinum/Diamond/Suite guests to receive their Sign and Sail cards. Boarding had begun when we gout our cards so we were able to walk right on the ship. I would say it was less than 30 minutes total from dropping bags with the porter to getting checked in to walking on the ship. We had cabin 10228, a standard balcony on deck 10 forward on Lido Deck. I like this location as it is close to all of the activities and not a lot of foot traffic as compared to some of the other decks, it is a really nice quiet area (in my opinion.) This itinerary was Miami-Grand Turk-La Romana-Aruba-Curacao. THe last three all new ports for us. We booked all of our shore excursions ahead of time, and with the exception of Altos de Chavon/River Boat in La Romana, I would do them all again. Coast to Coast Safari in Grand Turk, Best of Aruba in Aruba, and Curacao Coastal Drive. Dining: We only ate in the MDR twice, and both times, food and service were excellent. The other nights we ate either on Lido, at the Steakhouse, the Italian place, or off the ship as we did in Aruba, since we docked until 10 pm. Entertainment was fantastic again, always something to do to keep us busy. Matt the cruise director was hilarious, always keeping us laughing and kept activities moving along. This was a Halloween cruise and I loved it, I would cruise again just to get to dress up, the passengers and staff all seemed to have a good time. Debarkation was slightly delayed by Customs, not under Carnival's control. Matt had to keep reminding people not to come to the lobby and hang out. We booked the Big Bus Miami tour as our flight home was not until 710 pm. They hold your bags and will then escort you to the airport. We did the Miami loop, got off the bus twice, once to eat in Little Havana. It was hot and humid, so after walking around Bayside for a few minutes we got our thins and went ahead and went to the airport to wait for the flight home. Loved the Breeze, her staff and all that she offered. I was thoroughly impressed with her. The Social Internet plan for 25.00 for the cruise was a good deal, but it could be slow at time. I was still able to post a great deal of pictures on Facebook with the plan. I would do this cruise and ship again with no hesitations.

Amazing Cruise on the Breeze

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by BenjiRodney

I would do this cruise and ship again with no hesitations.
BenjiRodney’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 10228
Standard Balcony cabin, forward on Lido Deck. Close to all the action, yet quiet as well. Plenty of room for storage and suitcases could fit in the closet or under the bed out of the way. Plenty of room in the safe for I pads and phones.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Island Tour
    What views of the rock formations, the beaches, and the desert topical environment. This was a beautiful place to visit. The photo stops were amazing.
    View All 221 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Good tour, would have liked to have had a few more stops. Lots of just driving around and pointing out things. Just slightly too long to be on a bus.
    View All 195 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Coast to Coast open air safari. Rodney was a great guide and explained all that we were seeing. This was a great way to see the island and the people were so friendly. Would do this again.
    View All 101 Island Tour Reviews
  • Altos de Chavon
    Enjoyed what we saw, would have liked more time on our own to explore. The guide kept repeating the same thing over and over. The river boat portion was so so, it had stormed the day prior, so the river was muddy and full of debris.
    View All 21 Altos de Chavon Reviews
  • City Tour
    Too busy to really enjoy. Busses way too crowded. This would be a nice your on a day with no ships. There were 4 ships in port on debarkation day.
    View All 144 City Tour Reviews