3. Carnival Splendor
This was our first time on SPLENDOR, and our seventh on Carnival, and I will have to say, the Fantasy and Spirit Class of ship is MUCH more to our liking. The first thing to hit you (slap you in the face kind of way) is all that PINK!!...from Deck 3 all the way to Deck 11. You enter the elevators, again...pink. You go to the MDR's (3 of them) Gold Pearl, Black Pearl, Pink Pearl, and they are all trimmed in.....pink. The room we had was quite nice, quiet, great view, and, amazingly, under the Gold Pearl MDR (lower level). Biggest problem here was we never met our room steward for the first time on day 3, and my wife on day 5. We had to repeatedly ask for ice, and one day all the lighting in our room went out. I was able, after a search, find our steward, and he went into some side room, diddled a few things, and the lights came on. Again, I had to go to him to let him know they were working again. The food was not up to the usual standard, and several times it was difficult to find what we wanted for dinner. Several times we didn't even finish what we ordered. The disembarkation was the only day that the buffet scrambled eggs were done correctly....otherwise I ordered "over easy" . The bacon was limp, but, when we talked to the Executive Chef, there is bacon nearby that is crisp...but you have to request it. If you want to play trivia, GREAT! It started early in the morning, and went on all day. Bingo was way overpriced, many times the games were the center 9 (small "X") and at $20 for the tickets (3) it got very expensive very fast. After talking to a few of the ship staff, I got the impression that the SPLENDOR is not a happy ship. Whether this is because of senior staff, or contracts, whatever the reason, there is a wave of discontent. Maybe the 2 days of sailing without passengers will help that. All in all, it was ok...not great, not the worst.

Hope you like pink, and just ok service.

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Crustybucket

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Crustybucket’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2434
Spacious, king bed + sofa + table + extra chair. One of the better ones we've had.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Hamilton
    Hamilton is a very nice small city. The best parts of Bermuda are out on the Eastern, Southern, and Western areas....St. George is a view back into history. Crystal Caves is a great view into history. South Shore is gorgeous beaches, with Gibbs Lighthouse a marvel of, what was then, modern architecture, and Somerset having the worlds smallest drawbridge. The transportation pass is the way to go, with unlimited use of ferry and buses for the prescribed period.
    View All 198 Hamilton Cruise Port Reviews