3. Viking Vili
Arrival day in Amsterdam included a walking tour and much rain, but great taste of the city. The ship was beautiful and well appointed. The crew were always friendly and accommodating. Room was very small, but quite adequate with a wonderful "patio like" window that opened and allowed for enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells along the way. More food than one could possibly eat. Having local guides at all shore excursions was great and allowed for interesting conversations. Due to low water conditions, we had to "trade" ships half way, but other than having to pack our bags, the trade was almost seamless. Viking representatives were at the airport when we arrived, at the hotel during our 2-day extension in Budapest, and at the airport when we left. Our program director, Lubo, was fantastic! Viking took great care of everything! The hotel in Budapest was well located and very comfortable. It was a wonderful trip, especially for a first time to Europe. It would have been nice to have had more "free" time in some of the cities, but I understand the time constraints with such an itinerary. I would say that perhaps this isn't a trip for younger people as, at least on my trip, the clientele's average age appeared to be around 70, and a bit more sedentary than I had anticipated. Entertainment on the ship seemed to be geared towards an older audience as well. Still, a wonderful opportunity to see and visit many cities of Europe.

River Trip Down the Rhine, Danube, Main on the Vili

cgille’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C
Not much "wiggle" room, but adequate. Storage was good. Closet was good. Bathroom was very small, but again, adequate. Amenities were great.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins