Viking Neptune Cruise Review

Viking Neptune Cruise Review by DWP2015

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window

My sister-in-law and I took this trip in September. Viking representative was looking for us when we arrived in Paris, and after that they took wonderful care of us. The ship does show wear but I understand it is being retired. The staff could not have been nicer. Our room was always spotless. Dinner was served at 7 but that was okay for us. I am not a wine snob but the included wine with lunch and dinner was awful! We immediately upgraded to the better wine package. The food was okay but you will not find a more enthusiastic chef - he really wanted to please us. The daily side trips were excellent. The guides very knowledgeable. Only disappointment was the British guide we had for Normandy - he was condescending and not very informative.

Lovely to have the pianist in the lounge for buffet lunch and evening cocktails.

If you have not been to Giverny or Normandy - definitely the way to visit.

A cruise for the young at heart as I would guess the average age of the guests was about 75. The crew went out of their way to accommodate everyone.

We did luck out as our room was on the starboard side and when docked we usually were on the water side!

We did have Viking take us back to the airport where a Viking representative helped us check in - a great benefit in a strange airport.

DWP2015's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window
Cabin B 340

Small but it worked out fine.

DWP2015