Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

Great ship, but I need more than hardware.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by HeinBloed

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony

The difference between RCI and others: Great ships - and you need to take what they offer.

So out of 80 cruises only 4 were with RCI: Sorry - but their service level is just not ours.

Once in a lifetime I wanted to the the largest ship in the world. But honestly spoken I do not need it.

The shows are the best (after Disney) which I saw but that is not enough to keep me loyal with Royal.

I want good food. I do not want to hear the word "no". And even if you pay extra like with us in 150 Central Service I want an outstanding food and service experience which I can compare with NORWEGIAN or CARNIVAL.

Even simple things like Egg Benedicts: Standard with other cruise lines even in the self-service-restaurant. But not available in the Windjammer: only fried eggs, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelette (not prepared as you want). If you want your omelette made to your desire you need to move down to an OUTDOOR-Café and sit outside.

With reaching a certain age I do not mind to have public rooms which are more calm. A European Café where you get service at the table and not along the Royal Promenade with Starbucks is something I want and what I missed on the ship.

We had a great cabin since we had an aft cabin at the boardwalk facing directly to the Aqua-Show.

But after seeing the show I must not have it again: Balcony to the Boardwalk / Central Park and I need a cabin closer to the elevators. Such a large ship and only two stairways.

I appreciated very much the service of our cabin attendant Nina who treated us like we were Suite-guests.

I appreciated the full baggage-service on embarkation and debarkation which other lines do not provide if you are going on a short cruise. Beside that baggage delivery did not work as they do not see the difference between 10329 and 10293 where I found our bags.

After that cruise we went on NORWEGIAN ESCAPE. I did not like the ship either. But service, crew and food were a difference between night and day compared to RCI. If somebody came by with a pot of coffee and asked if you want coffee and you said no: the next question came: can we get you something else, tea or hot chocolate. Here on RCI they just accept your no and ran away. Same with juice etc..

O.K. ALLURE OF THE SEAS was supposed to have Dynamic Dining. I was on the first TA of QUANTUM OF THE SEAS. I never booked a fixed table - I hate it. When I learned on QUANTUM OF THE SEAS that they put me fixed dining in The Grande with every night formal and the same menu every day I was more than shocked to learn again: they put me again in fixed dining in The Grande although I never wanted it. All my booked tickets did not fit anymore because they did not put in flexbile dining although 1 1/2 years earlier booked.

150 Central Park was a Speed Dining or Fast Food Restaurant: 4 courses in 50 minutes and even on request they did not slow down the service.

HeinBloed's Full Rating Summary

Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin B1 10329

Great for the Aqua Show. But make ways too long across the ship.

Naples

We did by ourself: Da Michele (12.00 hrs only 10 minutes waiting time) - Fort - Gambrinus. Was fine.

HeinBloed