3. Carnival Splendor
Enjoyed the Splendor very much. It is a lot like the Conquest style ship but has a few nuances that the others don't. There is sooo much pink in the decor. My wife is legally blind and the crew was very good in helping her when I wasn't right there with her. Our room steward was very good kept ice in the room for her insulin at all times. Also saw that my daughter had brought along a stuffed monkey and he made a towel monkey because he saw her's Very friendly as were all of the stewards and helpers we encountered in the hall. Our wait staff was friendly and took good care of us. One of them was on his first night and was a bit overwhelmed with all of the goings on but kept up a good attitude. The food was good and we got lobster as we were on the 6 day!! The weather was not to great the first full day at sea but we were on cruise and a bit of rocking does not bother us at all. In Nassau there were sprinkles as we pulled in and the waves were crashing over the breakwaters pretty hard. Looked pretty cool watching the spray. We walked to the Astrada Gardens Zoo. We went on our own rather than take Carnivals excursion. It's about a mile and a half walk. Or you can take the #10 Jitney bus. Which we did on the way back. Gave the guy 10$ for 3 of us. We got on as he was going away from the pier and got a mini tour of the island before coming back to the pier area. Had never been that far away from the piers before. The zoo is a bit run down but they do have a variety of animals there. The Flamingo parade was ok. Not a lot of military precision in their march but they did turn left and right when commanded to. The highlight for us was feeding the Lory birds, We walked into their cage and the girl gave us each a piece of apple. You hold it out and the birds come and land on you to eat the apple. We walked thru the Straw Market and headed back to the ship. The wind was really blowing hard now probably 35-40 mph. There was a huge RC ship next to us and they were getting ready to pull out. When they left the wind was blowing directly onto Splendor which started pushing us away from the pier. The thrusters were going full speed to push us back towards the pier. Then 2 tugs came and helped push us back toward the pier along with the thrusters until we left about 45 minutes later. We left Nassau and headed toward Half Moon Cay which was the port we had not been to and were really looking forward to. In looking at the weather I didn't think that we would get to go as it is a tender port and the weather/ seas were going to be rough. I was correct. The seas were fairly calm but the winds were near 40 mph so we putted along for an extra sea day towards Freeport. In Freeport I went snorkeling at Paradise Cove/ Deadmans Reef. I had been there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. You have to swim a ways out to get to the reef but there were lots of different fish and coral to see. Saw 3 huge spotted eagle rays and a couple of barracudas as high lights. The rest of my family went on the Carnival excursion Garden of The Groves tour. They enjoyed it as well All in all a good trip. My wife and I tuned Gold on this cruise. We got our free drink coupon. Don't understand why you have to wait until the last night to use it other than maybe people will forget to use it. The comedians were ok nothing great. The piano bar had a younger girl playing and she was a bit to much for my mom to handle with her language. I enjoyed her humor but mom not so much she only went one night for a short time. She really enjoyed her last cruise and sitting in there. Can't wait until we can go again on another one.

Turned gold this cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bm6pm5

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Can't wait until we can go again on another one.
bm6pm5’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2473, 2470
We chose these cabins because of their size in comparison to a regular ocean view room. Also there are 2 windows in each. One is on the port side and one is on the starboard.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins