• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

La Paz
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

I really like this ship as it offers lots of windows with many lounges and very comfortable seats. It only has one area for elevators but each one is glass so you view either the center of ship or the ocean. All our ports went smoothly except for Cabo San Lucas which was by tenders. It took about 2 hours to get off after the ship arrived due to very slow procedures. The ship really needs to work on that! The pools are small but adequate and there are 3 hot tubs. We were lucky as there were almost no kids on board so the pool and hot tubs were enjoyable. I don't think the pool area would be comfortable with lots of kids on board.

Would of preferred a different port in Panama instead of Colon. Can't say to many good things about that port. Cartagena was an outstanding port with a special entrance of monkeys, macaws, tocans, deer, iguanas,geese, flamingos and a beautiful landscaping. We must of spent one hour just enjoying all the wild life. Old Cartagena is incrediable, too

The staff on board were great as always. Maybe lacking a little in the Windjammer compared to the larger ships. Most bathrooms were clean but a smell of some kind of cleaning solvent was not so sweet and had a dirty smell. Our stateroom was always kept clean and tidy and the usual towel animals and information was left. I did however have to request a robe for my Emerald status.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E2

Size was nice but location bad as it was a long walk to the elevator for my 87 year old mom. Prefer lower cabins as the sway increases up higher.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

Took 2 hours to get off the ship! Just did internet.

Puerto Vallarta

I have been here before. Just walked across the street to the Mall and went to Starbucks to internet.

Colon (Cristobal)

I got taken by a taxi driver claiming a good tour of wildlife and shopping for $40. He took me to a resort and did not find wildlife then it took me back where we started for shopping which he told earlier that he knew a better place. I told him it was the worst tour I have ever had. Beware of the Taxi Drivers and don't believe them! At least I was safe.

Cartagena (Colombia)

We took a taxi to old Cartagena and walked at our pace.

Los Angeles