• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

CJSANDFS
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I joined this cruise in Barcelona and spent the night before embarkation at the Barcelona Airport Hotel. Excellent value for money with breakfast, transfers from the airport and to the port included. Nice room and good restaurant.

Now for the cruise, my first ever with Royal Caribbean and possibly my last.

Explorer of the Seas is a lovely ship, but unless you are into outdoor activities, there is very little to do. Maybe things are better on cruises that are not repositioning but I hate to imagine what it would be like on board in bad weather as sunbaking seemed to be the main activity on this cruise. Even the cruise director seemed embarrassed one day to have to announce 'napkin folding' and a 'belly flop contest' as the items of entertainment for the day.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E3

Very pleased with my cabin. Excellent location.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Easy transfer to port from Barcelona Airport hotel.

Well organised check in.

Jerusalem (Ashdod)

This port was cancelled because of civil unrest in Israel. Very disappointing and interesting the the tour company I had booked knew about the cancellation before we found out on the ship. We had our visas etc so it was necessary to disembark the Israeli immigration officials, down a rope ladder and onto a small boat!

Find an Explorer of the Seas Cruise from $256