3. Viking Odin
This cruise was a gift to me from my husband, to revisit my roots. I was born in Basel, Switzerland and left from Le Harvre, France to immigrate to the United States of America as a child. My desire was to replicate the pictures I had from Basel, so this was to be an enjoyable cruise for my husband and I, but I was also a woman on a mission– to see and photograph my roots. Anyway– we were on the Viking 'Odin' which afforded us luxury and a perfect home-away-from-home. Our stateroom was always kept immaculate by our 'housekeeper' Eloisa, and our meals were always 5-star delicious treats, served by friendly and efficient servers. The size of the number of guests on board- under 190, made it personable. We enjoyed the excursions offered to us by our Ship's Director- Dianna and made the most of them. The cruise ended in Trier, where we all boarded buses to our next destination: PARIS! That city was unique! We stayed at Le Meridien Etoile, with a Paris extension. Our room was clean, but we had problems with our room keys the entire time. I still am not sure what the problem was. The city tour along with our own touring using the Metro was simple and painless. I am so very glad that I had gone online three weeks prior our leaving the states and reserved tickets for the Eiffel Tower. The final day of our 'cruise' ended far too quickly, but it was indeed a delight!

'Revisiting Home'

MariannePB’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Odin price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C 338
Eloisa, our 'housekeeper' always had our cabin fresh and ready for us. It was large enough for us, as we were constantly on the go. We enjoyed the sliding door view out.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins