3. Celebrity Reflection
We have just spent 10 days on the Celebrity Reflection in the Mediterranean. We have done about 18 cruises in the past, but this was our first experience with Celelbrity. The ship was great. They used the public spaces to their best advantage. Every night there was some kind of different entertainment happening in the open plaza space. We often found ourselves there watching from the open balconies 2 or 3 stories above. We were very pleased with the spaciousness of our cabin. Because the bathroom was so large, my husband and I both commented that we could both be in the bathroom at the same time, something we have never experienced on other ships. The crew was also very exceptional, they were always asking if their was something they could do to help. No matter where you ran into them, in the elevator, or a hallway,they were always friendly and pleasant. We also found it fun the way they included the officers in meeting and mixing with the guests. It was particularly fun to watch the officers compete in pool games and other silly activities with the guests. We choose the dining "anytime" option for the dining room, and never had to wait for more than 5 minutes for a table. The food was very good, and there was always a lot of variety. Two evenings we choose to eat dinner at the buffet. There were more choices there than in the dining room, and everything was kept fresh and appealing, which is always a challenge when you can eat there anytime over the span of 5 hours. Early into the cruise I discovered it was a great place to have a late night dessert buffet of my own. Our one disappointment on our cruise, was the quality of the entertainment in the theater. We have always found the theater entertainment on a cruise ship, a fun way to relax and add variety to an evening. On this cruise we missed only 1 night of the theater entertainment, so I feel we had a good sampling of the offerings. Looking back now, I would say there were perhaps only 2 of the shows that we would recommend, as a memorable evenings' performance. And I would even go so far as to say, some of the entertainers were barely above a community type talent show. I realize it is a challenge to provide entertainment for a very diverse crowd, however, in our opinion, other cruise lines have done a far superior job. On a final note, as we disembarked, everything was very organized and well timed. We were sorry to be leaving. In fact we have already scheduled another cruise with Celebrity and will be sailing with them again in 3 months.

Great Ship; Crew Even Better

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by flyncook

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)

flyncook’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6218
Our cabin was very spacious. We had plenty of room for our clothes in drawers. The double bar in the closet was especially helpful. We were very pleased with the spaciousness of the bathroom. And I have never experienced such a large shower. The glass door was far superior to a clinging, hanging shower curtain.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Food tour of Athens
    Because we have been to Athens and have seen the sights, we found and booked online, our own food tour of Athens. We took a cab to the appointed starting place for the tour. It was in a walking group of 6. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and we enjoyed seeing the back streets and markets that a tourist would not likely experience on their own. At the end of the tour, our guide gave us directions, and we toured on our own before taking the public train transportation back to the port.
    View All 13,213 Food tour of Athens Reviews
  • Mykonos
    Took the transportation to town that was provided by the ship. Wondered around on our own.
    View All 1,076 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Amalfi coast and Pompei
    We joined a group of 6 people for an independent van tour of the Amalfi coast. We located this group from a Cruise Critic Forum. We had a full day tour, with an independent lunch. Our guide gave us choices of where we wanted to spend most of our time. It was relaxing and we saved a lot of money compared to what we would have spent booking an excursion through the ship.
    View All 13,213 Amalfi coast and Pompei Reviews
  • Rhodes
    The ship docked across the street from the walled city. It was very handy to just walk on our own. Very interesting to see the area. No tour necessary.
    View All 479 Rhodes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Rhodes Cruise Port Review
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    We arrived in Rome 3 days prior to the start of our cruise.
    We booked a walking tour of the city after we arrived there. It was a full day tour and we were very glad to have the added advantage of skipping the line and walking directly into the sights with our tour guide. Had we not had the tour, we never would have had the time to see everything we did see in one day.
    View All 2,188 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review
  • Bus tour of Of the 2 towns and stop at the Santo W
    We booked a bus tour through the ship. The island was very crowded and it was very difficult to walk around. Our tour had a very short stop at the Santo Winery. There was only a simple tasting of their wine. Not even a glimpse of a grape vine. Very disappointing. The only 2 options to get off the island, were the cable cars, a donkey ride, or walk down the donkey trail. The last two options were strongly not recommended. As a result, we waited almost one hour in line for the cable cars. I'm sure it is a lovely island, but it was too crowded and difficult to get around and off the island.
    View All 13,213 Bus tour of Of the 2 towns and stop at the Santo W Reviews