Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ColmarP

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony

The Allure of the Seas is a beautiful ship, but on our cruise, we found it far to crowded. We had to queque up all the time and it became quite frustrating. When we booked our cruise 10 months beforehand, I booked into 'My Time Dining' what we got was an appointed dining time of 8.45pm every night, which was to late for us. On the 3rd day we got it changed to 6.30pm but we mostly had to eat in the Windjammers Restaurant. Also, when I booked I made a note that we were on the ship for a milestone birthday for my husband, and was disappointed that it wasnt acknowledged. We also had trouble with our first day of drill exercise, we turned up and had our name marked off, next morning got a letter to say we missed it and had to do it again. So we went to main desk and explained that we did show and did have our name marked off, they apologised and said that it was all fixed up. Again, we got another letter to say we missed the drill, so once again off to front desk. As regards to the TV, there was nothing to watch..... with regards to our dining, all our waiter was worried about was what we would rate him, he wanted a 10, and told us each night.Our cabin steward was very good, friendly and always asked if we needed anything. There was also a corporates group on this cruise, who were extremely rude and pushing in everywhere, at Windjammers as well as in the lifts, it got better when they all got off at Barcelona. We had only just done a 9 day cruise on the Rhapsody and had no trouble on that, also had a wonderful pair as our waiters who served us well.

ColmarP's Full Rating Summary

Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin B1 10693

Lovely room, well appointed, plenty of room. Had a good steward who met all our needs, always greeted you with a smile and would ask after our day.

Amalfi Coast

This was a lovely trip, only 12 people. Our driver stopped frequently for us to take photo's. We had about an hours stop in each little town, which gave us time to look around, eat, shop or whatever we wanted to do. I mentioned that I was looking for a nice ceramic plate, so the driver offered to stop at a factory for 10 minutes, which was good. They got us back in plenty of time for boarding, was very happy with the cost, much cheeper than the cruiseline.

View All 284 Amalfi Coast Reviews

We took 2 tours in this, one in the morning to Notre Dame Church and in the afternoon to Le Panier. Would miss the afternoon one, not worth it.

Florence Walking Tour

This tour wasn't cheap, didn't think it was worth the money. I would have done it on my own, but time was the problem and was too far from the port to do on one's own.

View All 136 Florence Walking Tour Reviews