3. Golden Princess
I just came back from a cruise to the south pacific with my husband, parents and grandparents. I'm 25 years old. What was Excellent... The food: Absolutely incredible. Quality food in the dining room and great food in the buffet. Probably the best food I've had on about 5 cruises I've done. Pizza, unbelievably good. Food from the International cafe was awesome with different types of sweets and sandwiches. For breakfast, they serve a custard doughnut, oh my goodness amazing. The service: Staff were fantastic. Always around the ship cleaning, offering to get drinks, always said hello. The staff were so so good. The DJ: played great music that catered for all ages. TV/Movies: Great movies and tv shown in the tv stateroom and movies under the stars was great, the staff come around with pop corn and blankets so so nice. Love boat party: Lots of fun, great great music. Unfortunately it ends there. What was Bad... Embarkation: Horrible experience, took ages to board the ship even though we went at our allocated time, we were given a number to sit and wait to be called to board the ship, no one ever came back to us so we just went up and they said "oh, that number has already boarded the ship" The activities on board: Boring, exactly the same every day, Royal Caribbean do a much better job. The only interesting thing was trivia. Other things to do were mostly around the art auctions, shopping, table tennis comps and a lot of "un-hosted" things like veteran get togethers, scattegories etc. Port - Mare: We used a tender to get to Mare, be warned that the tender can't pull up directly next to the little dock so you have to take a huuuge step (practically a jump) to get off the tender to the Mare dock. After hearing from princess the beach is gorgeous, everyone was disappointed when we arrived. The water is so shallow you can't swim. Rocks all over the beach. Gym - very average. Very small and mostly just treadmills. Entertainment - The theatre productions, terrible. I love productions even if they are not extravagant but these ones were just so so so boring. The singers were terrible and in 2 of the shows they showed in the vista lounge (not the main theatre) I swear the singers were lip syncing. They had a guest entertainer called the "Mentalist" and he was fun to watch, they had an Elton John impersonator which I didn't go to, they had a guy that did accents, I left after 10 mins I couldn't stand it any more, and they had Nathan Foley who was a former Hi-5 person very talented liked his first show, but then left for the second, it was the same thing, same cheesy moves. Unfortunately, I would not cruise with Princess again. The food and service was outstanding but I found myself just napping on the ship as there wasn't much to do. This is definitely a cruise line suited for older passengers. There were lots and lots of older people with walkers, wheel chairs etc was a bit frustrating as they stood across walkways and you had to wait for them to move and they woke up early to reserve beach chairs on the top deck so by about 11 00, there were no chairs left. I'll be going back to Royal Caribbean.

Disapointing caters for older passengers mainly

Golden Princess Cruise Review by pino_colada

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

What was Excellent...

The DJ: played great music that catered for all ages.

Love boat party: Lots of fun, great great music.

Unfortunately it ends there.

What was Bad...

Gym - very average. Very small and mostly just treadmills.

pino_colada’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC P303
Nice cabin, no complaints.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins