Oceana Cruise Review

Oceana Cruise Review by DanvilleDave

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom with Shower

Lima up the western coast of South America, through the Panama, up the Hudson River (New York City) at sunrise. Just doesn't get much better than that. Came early and spent 2 nights in Lima, wish I had made more time for exploring the area.

This is my first time on a 5+* ship. Have lots of cruises under my keel in 3 - 4 star lines. Food, staff, and most of all fellow passengers on Oceana all outstanding. One of the things I love most about sailing is meeting some many people with interesting backgrounds.

Arranged all my shore excursions off the ship, either beforehand with Roll Call and Mix n Mingle on Cruise Critic or fellow passengers whom I met on board. Additionally, did research on Trip Advisor. They all worked out very well, but you must be flexible. I believe "O" shore excursions are a bit too pricey.

Gym was clean and equipment kept in top shape. I usually went for early morning coffee in the quiet of the observation deck.

One drawback, being a recently retired single male.... just did not find many single woman to meet and mingle with.

Would I go again.... you betcha!

DanvilleDave's Full Rating Summary