Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by TheBuick

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

We had a great time. Our drive to Galveston from Oklahoma was good except for a 20 minute traffic jam in Dallas and a 10 minute traffic jam in Houston. We booked one night at Moody Gardens Hotel Resort to stay before our cruise on Galveston Island. I am serious about customer service and I must say it is exceptional here!

​The next day we drove about 10 minutes and parked at the Galveston Park & Cruise in-door lot and walked across the street to the cruise terminal. Embarkation was smooth OUTSTANDING. I hate mustering but at least our station was inside the Main Dining Room.

The Navigator is old but beautiful. There was some rusting here and there around the ship as well as on the balcony of our room. The couch in the room was already showing some wear (so soon after renovation?); however everything was very very clean including the bathroom. The beds were CRAZY HARD! Our Cabin Attendant Maritza made life a lot better by adding several blankets to the mattress.

In Cozumel, we did the tequila tasting tour and have probably acquired more knowledge about tequila than we ever thought possible.

We learned about "clear" tequila, "rested" tequila, and the best: "aged" tequila -- tasted it (some in the group should have held back...lol) and were able to purchase it to bring home. We were served margaritas and great tacos, beans, rice, guacamole, sodas, water, etc.; watched a pole performance; toured a small cultural museum; and, shopped. At the end of the tour, we were presented ​​​​with ​​​certificates, we are now certified tequila tasters. You should have seen how tipsy Evette was. She is a light weight.

​Roatan Honduras was EXCELLENT! We did the dolphin encounter. I was very nervous initially -- that went away as soon as I got in the water.

A locked box is provided to store your personal items. We were all separated into groups, the trainers encourage smaller groups for more interaction with the dolphins.

I have never experienced anything like it and I cannot imagine anything better. The trainers are informative and it was very apparent how fond they were of the dolphins. Gosh, is it weird to say the dolphins were so sweet? They were like very well behaved (and at times mischievous) kids and very smart.

We stood about waist deep in the water to touch them, take pictures with them, and watch them perform and eat! Would do this again in a flash! Best excursion I've participated in hands down!

The trip back was 2 days straight cruising and the Gulf was kinda shaky. I won a cruise for 2, for 5 days, at Bingo that we have to take within 365 days of winning it. I was too lightheaded and breathless after I yelled BINGOOOOOO! The same guy that had me signing the paperwork for the prize was the same guy that awarded me a Royal Caribbean hat the night before when we won the Michael Jackson trivia contest. It was too funny! We were able to forget the shakiness of the seas for a little while at least.

Back in Galveston, disembarking was a complete pain - OMG. I thought doing self carry would make things easier, NOT! I won't do that again.

We picked up the car and made good time getting thru Houston and Dallas and this time hit a construction traffic jam in Oklahoma for over an hour. Unbelievable!

TheBuick's Full Rating Summary

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 8330

Galveston

Boarding process was smooth as silk. We arrived at the Port at 10:45a and were on board by 11:15a.

Tequila Tasting

Our tour guide was Martin. Martin was outstanding!

View All 143 Tequila Tasting Reviews
Swimming with Dolphins

This excursion was actually entitled "Dolphin Encounter".

I was very nervous initially -- that went away as soon as I got in the water.

I have never experienced anything like it and I cannot imagine anything better. The trainers are informative and it was very apparent how fond they were of the dolphins. Gosh, is it weird to say the dolphins were so sweet? They were like very well behaved (and at times mischievous) children and very intelligent.

View All 52 Swimming with Dolphins Reviews