• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Wind Star Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Somewhat disappointed...but had a wonderful journey!

Review for Wind Star to Greece
Ahennessy
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin:

My husband and I have wanted to take a Windstar cruise for years and finally decided to go for an anniversary trip. We took the Athens to Istanbul trip. Our first impression was very good! We were greeted and introduced to the outstanding staff upon arrival. The staff were exceptional at every step of the journey... Definitely the best part ( other than itinerary ) of the cruise. The small cruise size was all that it was said to be! Loved getting to know so many people from all over! The down sides.... The food reminded us of " wedding reception" caliber and with the exception of the steak options which my husband loved. Mass produced, sometimes having a freezer burn taste and usually luke warm. Just not top of the line by any stretch. Our room was lovely and very clean. However, the ship's decor could use a facelift. Carpet was worn, chips in the wood and other signs that a spruce up would be in order. All in all, it was a great time. For the money, I think some improvements are needed.

Port Reviews

Bodrum

Rainy day but fun, nevertheless!

Athens (Piraeus)