• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Captain Sensible1
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We set sail from Venice on 14th October. We were at the rear of the ship in cabin C716, I agree with other contributors about the vibration particularly at night, more of a nuisance when it occurred, especially at night. Our steward was Benedict he was superb and anxious to please. The food was 1st Class, we dined in the evening in the Bordeaux room a choice of about 12 different courses all very nicely served by professional and courteous waiters. The breakfast was taken in the Horizon room, it was so busy at times that we struggled to get a table, but we eventually always did.

The breakfast menu was super, fruit, cereals porridge, pancakes, all varieties of eggs, sausages, bacon with tomatoes mushrooms waffles and much more although we could have breakfast in the Bordeaux room with waiters services, but this finished at 9am a little too early for us. Lunch was also serves in the Horizon, similar arrangements to breakfast also with a fantastic choice, It was all to tempting for me and I regret to say that I am now at home on a strict diet.

Most of the staff were extremely helpful although I felt that the customer service staff at reception could have given a little more eye contact and a smile or two.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin ME

Spacious and very comfortable, excellent servicing by Steward Benedict

Port Reviews

Venice

Cheaper to take the public water bus to St. Marks than to book on the ship.

Ticket office on shore