3. Island Princess
We set sail from Venice on 14th October. We were at the rear of the ship in cabin C716, I agree with other contributors about the vibration particularly at night, more of a nuisance when it occurred, especially at night. Our steward was Benedict he was superb and anxious to please. The food was 1st Class, we dined in the evening in the Bordeaux room a choice of about 12 different courses all very nicely served by professional and courteous waiters. The breakfast was taken in the Horizon room, it was so busy at times that we struggled to get a table, but we eventually always did. The breakfast menu was super, fruit, cereals porridge, pancakes, all varieties of eggs, sausages, bacon with tomatoes mushrooms waffles and much more although we could have breakfast in the Bordeaux room with waiters services, but this finished at 9am a little too early for us. Lunch was also serves in the Horizon, similar arrangements to breakfast also with a fantastic choice, It was all to tempting for me and I regret to say that I am now at home on a strict diet. Most of the staff were extremely helpful although I felt that the customer service staff at reception could have given a little more eye contact and a smile or two. I did not use the Princess theatre for the evening shows, but I was told by others that they were very good although I have to say that I did not enthuse over the entertainment in most of the bar lounges, I have received more enjoyment in my local social club. However I must say that it was always a pleasure to use the "Crooners Bar" where we were entertained by the pianist and singer Danny Oliver, he was fantastic and very pleasing to the ear. Although it was against the ships to bring on board spirits and beer, it was permitted to bring on two bottles of wines at each port of call. All in all a great trip on a fine ship albeit a little dated. ps. If you are not good on your feet get a cabin(sorry stateroom) as near to amidships and the lift as is possible

12 NIGHT MEDCRUISE

Island Princess Cruise Review by Captain Sensible1

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

All in all a great trip on a fine ship albeit a little dated.

Captain Sensible1’s Full Rating Summary