3. Anthem of the Seas
Being a Diamond Plus Member as I was looking forward to sampling the New Ship, and also seeing all the new technology. We were not dissapointed !! the ship was amazing but not sure about the light blue hull though ?? makes it look wishy washy .... Our check in was really fast, and as we were in a Grand Suite the room itself was the best suite I have ever stayed in !! with fantastic lighting and loads of space. Technology was working ie, the RFID Bands but we still had a Room Card which was also RFID so did not understand why we had two types of charging mechanism ?? but as the cruise went on I understood through technology gremlins why this was the case with several crashes of the computer system and the inability to book things through the room system. However this did not affect us as we had already booked everything prior to boarding . Now I am NOT a dynamic dining fan but I do see the benefits when it works correctly, however I feel this ship has lost its identity as: 1. It was too full and waiting 5-10 minutes every time I wanted a drink was tiring in the end 2. The Music Hall venue plus every other venue was constantly full and it was not pleasant moving around a crowded ship 3. Technology paying for a drink was slow and sometimes did not even work which caused further delays at the bar itself. 4. If you class this size of ship against the likes of the Independance which has far more space and makes you feel like you can breath, this ship uses every spare inch of space, is the same tonnage as the Independance, but has nearly 1000 passengers more than the Indy then you can see my point. Personally there was too many passengers on this ship for the space available, and unfortunately I will not be sailing on the Quantum Class again. I would rather stick with the Freedom or Oasis class of ship. A cruise is also a personal experience and I feel this was lost on this trip and due to the number of passengers on board it certainly was NOT relaxing. In its favour was the class of the fittings and carpets which was sumptous and the 270 cafe was the best, but strangley the area is carpeted and passengers were dropping food and drinks everywhere which was ruining the carpet area? Windjammer was crazy and again due to the quantity of passengers onboard this was heralding loads of complaints from disgruntled passengers, who were eating breakfast in the corridor with plates on their knees! I am glad the Indy is back in Southampton, as I would not want to take a longer trip on this ship than is needed, as I think I would suffer with Cabin Fever and claustrophobia. Most of the staff were really good and the speciality dining was excellent. In fact the Chefs Table was one of the highlights of this cruise, and I am certainly glad I had prebooked most things before boarding. I did actually enjoy the weekend as a break ... but would I return on this class of ship again? the answer is not ... I would rather stick to other classes and my trial experience reached its objective without investing a considerable amount of money on a longer trip. Again ... Smoking in the Casino ruined any type of playing experience due to the terrible smell and I cannot understand the reasoning behind this, as smokers are in the minority on a ship now, and I have no intention of breathing in their fumes which must cost the the Cruise Line money now as I had no intention of staying in it. I am a RCL loyalist but I have a choice, and I am glad I have already booked the Harmony for my next cruise as a holiday is now a restricted choice for most people now, so booking the right one is critical.

Some Hits, Some Misses, But Mostly Misses