• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Equinox Review

Editor Rating
91 Awards

Could have been better. Attention to detail lacking.

Review for Celebrity Equinox to Spain
ruby k
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Concierge Class 2

I did my first cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in 2012 round the Mediterranean and it was the most magical experience everything from the beauty of the ship and the cleanliness the way in which we were cared for excellent. Celebrity x helped us when our travel agent let us down so we had no hesitation in booking direct felt it would be nice to be back in safe hands. What a mistake initially everything went ok holiday booked what could go wrong. Just about everything, Our initial sailing booklet didn't arrive I checked spam nothing, I phoned up to say how did we get our luggage tags was assured I would be informed when this was in August. By September I was beginning to get nervous however I did eventually get said booklet and was told my luggage tags would be here. I then asked about a connection from the airport to the ship and was told for 19euros this was possible. When I phoned up about it got someone completely different who said it was not possible so I asked what was the port address for the ship and the person I was speaking to had little English spelt out the name which turned out to be wrong. The Barcelona Airport hotel sorted that one out for us. Baggage tags never arrived eventually sent some sticky luggage tags from the complaints department

We did not get the email about the virus being on the ship and arrived at the time suggested only to join hundreds of people waiting. I have to say I am all for the methods adopted on health and safety and the company did offer travel back to Barcelona however we had flown in late the night before were tired and decided to stay put. All the passengers were offered a bottle of water and either a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate very suitable for a diabetic - what was wrong with some tea or coffee and a roll it surely wasn't that difficult.

When we did get on a glass of sparkling wine was enjoyable but not the person trying to sell a 3 meal deal.

Concierge Class 2

Cabin C2

Rather tired with wonky electrics

Port Reviews

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

The trip in was by bus and my overall view of Palma was a very upmarket place very clean, lots of interesting shops sadly being Sunday we couldn't get into the Cathedral although one of the doors was open so got some photographs. It was much prettier than I imagined and would like to return again.

Cartagena (Spain)

This was the star for me we walked off the boat and walked around the town saw the Roman amphitheatre and some of the churches. It was very clean and bright everything just leapt out as smart. Shops and cafe's great. This was a little gem of a place.

4 Helpful Votes