3. Carnival Splendor
This is our 6th cruise, first on Carnival. It was a difficult decision to go with Carnival, the upside is we recently moved to Suffolk VA and it was a very convenient cab ride to Norfolk. We had a Grand Suite which was huge as was the bathroom. The down side was that the interior was very tired and the carpet very stained. They were no extra amenities in the Grand Suites. The one perk was Priority Embarkation. Much was said about the decor of the ship which I did not find as offensive as some reviews on line. I thought the ship was very crowded and the lines were often too long. Eating at the Buffet was a challenge and best done on off peak times. The food in the main dining room was ok, best on formal night. We ate at the Steak House Restaurant twice and found it was worth the extra money. Our balcony provided a very peaceful retreat. Activities during sail days were limited as was entertainment. The five day cruise was the perfect amount of time for this ship. We are not sure we will do this again. I will be checking out the reviews for the Carnival Sunshine which will be sailing out of Norfolk next year.

First Carnival Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by LucilleNancy

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas

Our balcony provided a very peaceful retreat.

Activities during sail days were limited as was entertainment.

LucilleNancy’s Full Rating Summary