• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

MSC Lirica Review

Editor Rating
14 Awards

IF THIS ITALIAN STYLE CRUISING THEY MUST BE JOKING!!

Review for MSC Lirica to the Southern Caribbean
twochefs
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2009
Cabin:

When I was sent the price from our Internet travel source we thought it would be a great time to try out a cruise line we have not tried. We were very interested in their itineraries because they are smaller and can visit different ports. We asked our agent and she said some people love it and some people hate it. Well we thought we would try it. Needless to say it was our 1st and will definitely be our last. There is a total lack of communication with the cruise ship as a whole.

1st) I have to tell this is the cleanest ship I was ever on. They clean and clean constantly. When we mentioned it to the crew they said they are the only ship that has gotten 100% with no comments the last 3 inspections. I think that is what they feel is money in the bank.

2nd) Our cabin was very spacious. We had walk in closets that were fabulous. We took the top category which I think was an 11. These rooms are bigger than the concierge class on Celebrity.

Port Reviews

Martinique

Don't waste your time getting off the ship. Very filthy and pricey.

St. Maarten

Love the beach and the food. Kakoa is great food on Orient Beach.

Tortola

Wonderful, heaven on earth. Cane Garden Bay is the best beach.

Antigua

The snorkeling we took was not very good. There was supposed to be lunch and they came around with a tuna sandwich. We went to a ship wreck and couldn't really see anything.

previous reviewnext review