3. Mariner of the Seas
We joined the Mariner of the Seas in Taijing and the queues were awful, there was no organisation or control, it was complete and utter chaos. There was rumours that half of its staff had walked out on RCC including Senior Management.My case with all my medicnes had been confiscated by RCC because it had 2 bottles of "contraband" which caused great distress but was released after one god almighty row. RCC were citing some International Law which made this legal (in their own made up law minds) but no such law exists.The reality was the confiscation of alcohol was to ensure sales on board of their very expensive booze packages which nearly all passengers boycotted. Passengers also boycotted a very hefty $20 per day wifi package . All these packages had to be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, even for my wife who didnt drink. The shortage of staff and shortages of ice cream, various types of beers at $5 a bottle and numerous other food shortages. This was more evident on board with queues for customer services always very lengthy and an average wait of 2-3 hours to be attended to. Excursions were very expensive and I would recommend anyone to book and plan their own.Also I complained that I had prepaid gratuities when booking only to find that because I boycotted their booze packages that I was charged 18.5% extra on all my on board purchases. Overall impression was of a business trying every trick on the book to get into the wallets of its customers. The food was generally poor with very small portions and the Windjammer was frequently a free for all. Again food was poor and catered for the Asian market. RCC also held onto our passports for the entire cruise and again massive queues for getting on and of the boat, again poor organisation and lack of staff who were not trained on what to do. We were on cabin 6912 which was good , clean but again queues and waiting for the on board lifts seemed to be a everyday theme.But I did get the impression thatmy cabin attendant was stalking me always shouting Hello Mr Bob...... The entrainment was patchy some excellent shows like the Aussie Beatles and juggling and other singers , but it very Butlins and Jamie always hyping how good it was . The Ice Show was excellent one of the very rare 10/10 items. As for other sideline trivia quizs etc poor, very poor with prizes fir the winners a RCC keyring.Also the lovely presenter from Malaysia who was good seemed to have disappeared after Japan and was replaced with Bonnie a Chinese girl who barely spoke English . We never did find out what happened her , last sightings of her was helping a blow op penguin get inflated while wearing a Pinoccanio nose. Overall the cruise was Poor and badly managed by RCC. Another real concern is , did RCC sail without its complete crew from China as the muster was chaotic and seemed to take forever with some passengers having to leave the muster and sit down in the lounges. Would I travel with RCC again ..a definite NO and this seemed to be the genreral consensus.

RCC has lost the plot on how to delight its customers

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by andytownbob