Having cruised with Royal Carribean 7 times we thought we'd give P&O a try due to the itinery we wanted to do on RC being to expensive and this one being half the price-will never quibble on price again. There is a reason why RC are more expensive-better overall experience. PORTS OF CALL Happy with the ports we called at. In Malaga we didn't have to be back on board till 11.30pm so we went out after dinner for drinks on the marina which was fab. We did an excursion in Malaga which was good value for money and really enjoyable. EMBARKATION Really easy and quick-couldn't have been better. ENTERTAINMENT Really dissapointed with the entertainment. Most acts were repeated 2 or 3 times throughout the cruise. Freddie Mercury tribute was good but Phil Collins was embarrassing. Arena was to small and cramped. Enjoyed the quizzes and there were 2 horse racing nights in The Exchange which were good fun. BARS A lot of the bars lacked atmosphere. The Glasshouse was nice with friendly staff. The Exchange also was quite lively. One night we were enjoying a drink in The Tamarind Bar and as soon as the clock struck midnight the lights all came on and the music was turned off and all the staff disappeared. This was unusual as on other cruises I have been on the bars and entertainment carries on way past midnight. Drinks were reasonably priced. FOOD We ate in the Bay Tree. Food was good although 1 night the veg was missing off one of our plates. when we made the waiter aware of this he came back 10 minutes later with a bowl of veg. By this point the rest of the dish was cold and the other people on the table had finished their meals. I felt a fresh meal should have been brought out. Felt like the staff were trying to rush you in and out. The best part was our wine waiter Amol who was really friendly. We ate in the Glasshouse 1 night which was brilliant.great food,drink and service. Very reasonably priced. Waterside buffet to cramped. Only ever 1 part of the restaurant open. Poor choice of food that was rarely labelled so didn't know what it was. Had to ask for clean knives every day and also never any clean cups at breakfast. Felt like the school canteen being pushed along the queue with no time to look. CABIN Excellent cabin attendant and was really pleased with the standard of cabin and cleanliness. SERVICE I must say I was really dissapointed with the attitude of the staff. The waiters in the restaurant made no personal conversation with us. Staff on reception were rude. Staff in Costa very unpleasant and made you feel uncomfortable being in there and got our order wrong 3 times. On a number of occasions staff were having personal conversations in public areas that I didn't feel were appropriate for guests to here. Also witnessed staff drinking in the bars on numerous occasions and acting rowdy. The price we paid for the cruise was reflected in the experience-we got what we paid for. I did enjoy the holiday but not a patch on previous cruises with RC. In future I will not think twice about paying more to cruise with RC as the quality and experience is well worth the money.

You get what you pay for

Ventura Cruise Review by Stacey10pne

PORTS OF CALL

EMBARKATION

Really easy and quick-couldn't have been better.

ENTERTAINMENT

Stacey10pne’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Inside Twin with Shower
Cabin OA B340
Happy with cabin. Clean tidy and spacious.
  Ventura Deck Plans