3. Star Breeze
I just returned from my 4th Windstar cruise, 1st on the motor yacht. It was a wonderful cruise in so many ways and I have to say I enjoyed just about every minute of it. As usual staff was wonderful and guests were friendly and we ended up meeting some wonderful people. Our trip had only 160 out of 210 guests which was nice, adding to the intimacy of the trip. The girls at the reception, Anna and Charlene, were excellent and so very helpful. I loved being greeted by them by name each time we returned to the ship. The excursion staff was excellent as were the excursions we took. Food was very good though I got a little tired of the same offing for breakfast and lunch. It may be a bit my fault as I never ordered from the menu and yes, it seems a bit of a first world problem. Dinner entrees were excellent and very well prepared. We ordered room service one evening and it was delicious, specially presented in our cabin. I appreciate the attention to details. Laundry package was great, as usual. I have to say I missed the sails. The outdoor space did seem a bit lacking but really I can't say why. Perhaps the larger cabins encouraged more time in our room rather than in public spaces? We spent the BBQ in the main dining room which was disappointing, not the food but the ambiance of the outdoor BBQ. Amphora was lovely and we really enjoyed sharing a table with other guests. The dining room never felt ful or crowded. The tenders seemed a bit neglected. Kind of older style boats, could be cleaned up and add to the luxury feel of tendering to those lovely small ports. We changed our first port of call, Hvar to Split, because of weather and the need to dock rather than tender. Windstar handled that perfect and we enjoyed Split and its offerings. Also we had to dock outside of Dubrovnik rather than tender because of weather and Windstar provided transportation free of charge from port to the old town gate. I wouldn't hesitate booking a trip on one of the motor yachts if the itinerary was one I wanted, but given a choice all things equal I'd probably book one of the sail ships. It's part of what hooked my on Windstar in the first place.

Enjoyable cruise

Star Breeze Cruise Review by MTJtraveller

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Greece

Laundry package was great, as usual.

MTJtraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Breeze price drops

I loved the room on the motor yacht. I was travelling with my mother and the room gave us a little extra elbow room I really wouldn't have needed if travelling with my husband. I requested a room upgrade, free if available for returning guests, and was very pleased with my upgrade to a "balcony" room. It was really nice to open our door and enjoy the outdoors in. The bath was large, the closet nice. I love the Bluetooth Bose system, able to ustilize my own music in the room.
  Star Breeze Deck Plans