Golden Princess Cruise Review by ted1049
- Sail Date: September 2015
- Destination: South Pacific
- Cabin Type: Interior
1. The day excursions were not up to my expectations. Weather may have played a part in this review. Maui snorkeling in the crater was a poor showing of coral and/or fish, as well as the snorkeling in Tahiti and Bora Bora. Where are the fish and where is the different types of coral. Nowhere near the reefs in Fiji or the Virgin Islands. A complete disappointment and a waste of money.
2. The East side and West side excursions of American Samoa showed that there is nothing to see from a tour from the cruise ship. Really, a cemetery, a golf course and a tsunami memorial location are the best they can do. Then on the other side to Two Dollar Beach, seven buses for a beach that maybe can hold 50 people.
3. Entertainment was a bit on the weak side. Had to draw from their own singers for a couple of headline shows and from their side shows for others.
4. Fitness room was mainly running machines. Not much for the upper body fitness. Steam room was working a little over half the time.
5. Main pools were empty or not in use for over a week on a four week cruise.
6. Morning choice of juice was orange and sometimes apple. All others on request and a wait. .
7. Not much time spent in port of calls. Off ship by 9 AM, back on by 4PM.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
AkaroaDid not make port of call.View All 161 Akaroa Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Akaroa Cruise Port Review
AucklandJust a normal big cityView All 350 Auckland Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Auckland Cruise Port Review
Shark & Stingray EncounterHigh swells made encounter dangerous to be with sting rays. Money refunded.View All 36 Shark & Stingray Encounter Reviews
SnorkelingWeather may have played a part. Lack of fish, but few variations in coral.View All 28 Snorkeling Reviews
DunedinTransport into town a must. Too far to walk.View All 304 Dunedin Cruise Port Reviews
Train station a highlight.
View Cruise Critic's Dunedin Cruise Port Review
HonoluluBeen there many times. Went on own by local bus.View All 647 Honolulu Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Honolulu Cruise Port Review
Molokini CraterLack of fish, lack of variation of coral, not much time in water.View All 45 Molokini Crater Reviews
Island TourOne tour went to a golf course, tsunami memorial and a cemetery. Really!!!! This is the best they can offer. Other side of island was to two stops. One was Two Dollar Beach in a down pour. Seven excursion buses and not enough shelter for over half the tourist. Then they said they were obligated to stay there for an hour in the rain.View All 14 Island Tour Reviews
SnorkelingMaybe poor weather played a part. But where are the fish. Where is the different types of coral.View All 10 Snorkeling Reviews
WellingtonThe cable car ride was okay. The botanical gardens are good. The zealandia sanctuary is okay.View All 363 Wellington Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Wellington Cruise Port Review