3. Pearl Mist
This was my first time on a small cruise ship. I traveled with my cousin and between the two of us, we have cruised over 25 times. The typical cruises we take are on RCCI, NCL, Carnival and Celebrity. We are also in our mid-thirties and this is a predominantly older crowd. This was a very different experience for us. The ship is very small, with just 5 floors and a handful of lounges. There are two main lounges where you can find snacks and drinks at any time, plus a few smaller lounges that weren't used much at all. There is also a "gym", but i didn't even know where it was until the last day because it just has a few machines OUTSIDE on the 5th deck! Not a smart move. The dining room was on the first floor and very nice. Our stateroom was one of the suites and quite large. It is comparable to suites on other cruise ships, but with a slightly smaller bathroom. It had a mini fridge, a sofa and chair, plus a nice flat screen TV. The balcony was also large with two chairs and a table. The ports were Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Eastport, ME, Bar Harbor, ME, Rockland, ME and Portland, ME. They were all very nice but most of them didn't have much to do or see. There was one shore excursion for each port and they were all included. The best was Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor. The cruise line should really have more than one to choose from, but I assume these places just don't have much to see. The food was very good to excellent and the service was wonderful. No buffets, all sit down meals. Drinks were included at lunch, dinner, cocktail hour and after dinner during the evening entertainment. Popcorn and root beer floats were also passed around after dinner during the entertainment. I enjoyed the singers at night, but it was very limited. They only had one option for nightly entertainment and it was from 8:30-9:30. Most people tend to go to bed early, but one night when everyone was dancing and having a great time, they still stopped right on time to the objections of some of us that would have liked to stay up a bit later. Embarking and disembarking was the easiest i have ever encountered. The staff throughout was wonderful and i was happy to be able to get to know them better because of the small amount of guests, unlike a large ship were you barely get to know even your stateroom attendant. Overall this was a fabulous cruise and I would definitely go again. I would not recommend it to younger people that are looking to party or to have something to do at all times. It is very slow paced and a nice change from my hectic day to day life.

Wonderful Cruise

Pearl Mist Cruise Review by daffydawn4

Embarking and disembarking was the easiest i have ever encountered.

daffydawn4’s Full Rating Summary