3. Norwegian Gem
We booked this cruise with our longtime friends, who were celebrating their 30th anniversary. We had the owner's suite at the front of the ship and they had the interconnecting suite next door, also in the front. Our room, #9004, was spacious and was part of the Haven, even though it is not located in the Haven (which means you can use the Haven amenities). This suite also interconnects with the next room, so we could have had a 3 way connection, which we will keep in mind for future travel. This suite had 2 balconies, one to the front and another to the side, which is great for views and it gives you a protected balcony if the front is too windy, etc. We have only been in suites on NCL and all have been amazing. I will say that NCL would probably not be my first choice if I were not in a suite. Why? Because on 2 of 3 cruises, if we ask for something (like in the dining venue), the first response seems to be "NO". WHAT?? This is a service industry! Why would you not say "I'll check"? Even if you can't help the patron, by saying "NO", you have already put a bad taste in their mouth. And none of the requests were onerous---and they eventually did everything we asked (twice was on wine selections, once was turning down the overhead volume on music). I have to say that our concierge on both those cruises was appalled when we explained what happened--and they passed the word along, because things went much smoother afterwards. As a suite passenger, you get a faster boarding experience, with the wait in a separate area. NY is not as nice as Seattle or Miami, but it does have a nice selection of coffee/tea/juice and light refreshments. We had the beverage and dining package, which was nice. Our suite came with 3 bottles of liquor. We also had breakfast and lunch available in Cagney's which is more sedate and away from the hustle and bustle. Almost all servers were top notch and our butler, steward, and concierge were superb. The suite status allows for priority embarkation, shore excursion disembarkation, and a quieter disembarkation process. Very nice for hearing impaired or mobility issues! The New England/Canada cruise is much more sedate than most cruises we have been on. This is actually the 2nd time we have done this cruise and we were looking for more vigorous activity. It still is not there (although we did our own tour and biked in Acadia), but hopefully will get some activities outside the geriatric bus tours soon! We like to spend time in the spa. I didn't realize that the thermal suite did not come with purchased massages, so I didn't buy it prior to boarding. I will know better in the future and save $20/each. I appreciated that the thermal suite stays open later, so after dinner and shows, we would head up to the hot tub or heated seats. The only downside was the hydro pool, which was VERY loud when the water was running.

Sweet Life in a Suite!

Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin H2 9004
Fabulous cabin! Has interconnecting rooms on 2 different sides and balconies on both the front and the side. I didn't realize it had both a full and half bath until we were actually in it. Drawer space was limited, but we tend to put our dirty clothes in suitcase under bed, so it worked. Has a desk, a sound system, a bar, a separate dining room/living room combination. The bed room is separate (king bed) with a large bathroom area with separate shower, tub and his/her sinks. Overall, this worked out great since our best friends were in the interconnecting suite, so we opened up the door and used our suite as the community room. Suite comes with 3 bottles of liquor, a butler and concierge. It has Haven privileges even though not located in Haven.
Deck 15 Suite Cabins