MSC Poesia Cruise Review

Pretty Good

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by gedjon1

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

This was my first real cruise trip so was pleasantly surprised how good it was . Firstly the whole check in and out process works really well considering the number of passengers. The airport is used to the sort of numbers so it all flows very well from there until you eventually get to your room (which was ready as soon as we boarded ) The ships interior was modern and quite flashy It had lots of different bars. lounges and restaurants so there was always plenty of choice. The room with balcony was adequate (I was expecting it to be smallish ) and the bathroom and beds were ok. Food in general was ok (especially the pasta -well it is an Italian ship ) but then again I am not a particularly fussy eater and will try just about anything. We got the all in drinks package for about £22 per day and if you like a drink this is the way to go. Entertainment on board wasn't the best but I wasn't expecting west end shows every night. The staff were friendly and quite helpful (most were from the far east or central America so their English wasn't the best.however that is part of the charm of travelling and we always had interesting conversations with our regular servers )

Did a couple of excursions which were all good ( not 100 % sure if a I could have done these on my own but a son holiday I thought I would let them take the strain .

Would I go again - yes but I would try a different ship and another route . Not sure if a could be stuck onboard every day

gedjon1's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside balcony 9092

Cabin was smallish but had everything you need . Beds were very comfortable

Venice

Didn't have time to visit but have been there before . Great place

City Tour

Surprised how nice Bari was with a lot of old buildings and interesting back streets Well worth a visit . Luckily it was walking distance from the ship so didn't need to book anything

View All 16 City Tour Reviews