3. Carnival Liberty
My husband and I are avid travelers; we have traveled to multiple countries and on many different types of vacations. We have cruised once before this particular cruise; we went on a Mediterranean cruise with Celebrity Solstice (which we LOVED! Great cruise ships!). This cruise was the exact opposite. We chose to stay in a balcony room on the sixth floor (room 6300), and I would describe this choice and choosing the nicest house in the worst neighborhood. Our room was dirty; there was rust and old toothpaste in the drain of the bathroom sink. The bathroom smelled of urine from the first time we walked into it. The floor looked worn and made me feel I need to wear socks all the time; the room was covered in dust. The tray that holds wine glasses had dust all over and upon picking up the glasses, we saw "undusted" circles. The decor throughout the ship is very 80s, but it was cleaner than our room. The food was gross; don't even bother going to the "Elegant" evening dinners - you'll be disappointed. The dining room was only 1/2 or less full on all nights of our cruise - that says something! Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina had good food (yes - not just okay, but good- except that the "Mexican" Blue Iguana had a salsa bar with no chips), but they were only open short hours. I think Guy's was open from 12-6 and Blue Iguana was open 7-2. This made it difficult to get back to the ship in time to have anything else but Guys or disgusting food for dinner. The buffets were AWFUL! They were never open from the hours that they said they were supposed to be open (regularly closing 30-60 minutes early). The buffets breakfast was typical - but SMALL... only a few items. And the lunch/dinner was so specific; my suggestion to them is to add some "comfort" foods. There was no nachos/taco stuff, no pasta, no chicken/mashed potatoes... The buffet was full of stuff like poorly cooked Jambalaya (rice only), soup (decent soup - but odd selection for a warm weather cruise), and veal. We went to a movie, and they only served 20ish popcorns (so when it came my turn, they said they were out). Popcorns, chips & salsa, pasta, pizza... all easy and cheap things that they could've provided. The salad was even gross... and I LOVE salad! The customer service was... a juxtaposition. The wait staff was so nice! Great people!! But there are so few of them that it's hard to get service, but they are really nice! And the people at the Customer Service Counter didn't want to help us. They deferred me to other places when I asked about buying the Alcohol Pass and the Internet (easy sales that they actually never got). Our room also had loud banging noises our at sea morning at 8am. We had planned to sleep in this night, but couldn't due to the hammering and sawing. The customer service told us that they could only temporarily stop it (45 minutes it was stopped) and would give us $32 for the inconvenience. It was frustrating. On the whole, I would NOT take a Carnival Cruise again - probably no ship due to the methods in which I believe the company is operating under. They want to offer cheap cruises, but you get what you pay for... you don't get trained cleaning staff, enough people to run the food well, and sub-par entertainment (great talent on board but it's so outdated... needs a major facelift. The comedy club was good though). My suggestion - take your money to Celebrity. You won't be disappointed. Some good things though... the Comedy Club, the friendly staff (working crew), the Serenity Spa area (no noise where everywhere else was like a dance party and super loud), Guy's Burger, multiple pools, and the ports of call... Barbados is stunning! Go to Worthing Beach! It is super beautiful with powdery beaches and clear water and no people (my hubby and me were 2 of like 6 people at the beach). St. Kitts is also gorgeous, and take the Aqua Rides Tour at St. Maarten. The beaches and ports were stunning! You will love the areas! You don't need to take a tour either. You can just research a beach you want to go to and have one of the friendly taxi drivers take you there. We spent many days just relaxing on the beach. San Juan was nice as well for visiting the beach (we stayed at the beautiful - and easy... they let us check in at 6am - Marriott Stellaris) and for seeing the Forts.

The destinations were beautiful; the ship was not.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Amy83

Amy83’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

The steward was nice; he remembered our names. The towels were always folded in fun animals on our beds at night. However, the room was not clean. It was covered in dust, floor was stained, and the bathroom was smelly (urine smell from the second we walked in to the second we left) and so gross.
  Carnival Liberty Deck Plans

• Barbados
    Sooo beautiful with beautiful people! This was our favorite place! We took a taxi to Worthing Beach, where we were 2 of just 4-6 people on the beach. It was clear, aquamarine water with white sandy beaches. It was so amazing!
    View All 1,523 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • Ziplining
    We did the Adrinaline Zip Line. It was fun to see the jungle, but the zip was rather "slow." If you want a thrill, maybe choose something else to do. The people there were very funny and nice, making the experience more fun. But it's not scary or thrill giving at all.
    View All 30 Ziplining Reviews
  • Aqua Rides
    This was soo fun! We went on a tour of the island in this boat, which we drove ourselves. We went fast, and it was so much fun. They took us to snorkel at one areas; wasn't the best snorkeling for seeing colorful fish, but you will see a ton! This was such a fun experience! We will definitely do this again!
    View All 13,176 Aqua Rides Reviews
  • 340 Jet Skiing
    This was also a lot of fun! We had a great guide who took us all over the island and even took our pictures near landmarks. He let us get off the jet ski at one point and swim in the clear water. We went very fast and got to do our own thing although this was a tour. I would definitely recommend paying for the taxi to go to 340 Jet Skiing. It was amazing!
    View All 13,176 340 Jet Skiing Reviews