3. Rhapsody of the Seas
Not at all interested in Royal Caribbean's big ship activities. I'm not into sky diving, surfing, rock climbing or zip lining so I figured the 2000 person Rhapsody would be a good choice I like the smaller ships. Not good choice at all. Embarkation: They shared terminal space with Costa. Signage was so small our driver missed it first time by. Then they used 8 1/2 X 11" paper to label where to drop your luggage and to check in, so walking around in circles was the start. We arrived between 10:45 and 11:00 and had no delays in checking in. Once on board was another story. Enter deck 1 and nobody to direct you where to go, but they sure had people just inside the door trying to sell you something already. They had signs up only wanting you to use only half the elevators so they could bring up luggage. I guess they have no crew only service elevators. Try to find our cabin first only to find hallway doors closed and signs saying can't get to your cabin till 13:00. Find our way up to the Windjammer Buffet. I always circle once to get a feel for what's available. See some fish and tried to pick up a piece. It was so over cooked and dried out it could have been used to side your house, the sauce just ran off of it. Looked at the roast beef that looked over cooked and dried out and was cold. After deciding on salad we went to explore the ship until 13:00. Ship looked nice but did notice smell in the stairway between decks 4 to 6. Went down to our floor at 13:00 still couldn't get in until 13:15. For the first three mornings in the buffet they had pre-cooked fried eggs and omelets. They were so overcooked and cold you could play ping pong with them. Everything out on the buffet was cold. The bacon was so under cooked the fat hadn't even started to render yet and was grey. In fact the only rare to medium rare meet to be found was the bacon. Tried the lamb in the MDR one night, of course ordered med-rare came out well done, was so tough and strong smelling I think they were trying to pass off mutton as lamb. They have a bar in the back of the ship called Shall We Dance. I think the only thing it was used for was art auctions and trivia games. Every nigh they have to use the main atrium as their live performance/dance hall. Once that madness was over at 24:00 we got to listen to hydraulic pumps for the next 30 minutes. Main stage shows were good. Royal Caribbean dancers did a good job and the Elton John impersonator was good. Usually the volume worked it's way to the loud side by the end of the shows. They had no side entertainment other than musical type shows and they were in the atrium usually. Other than a magician main stage show one night, there was no comedian or other type shows throughout the ship. Disembarkation went very well. Coffee and rolls were available in the main theater and most all groups were called before their scheduled time. Our disembarkation time was 07:45 and I think we were off the ship by 07:40. They had people in the baggage area directing you to your luggage tag group which helped and was nice. I feel that between the poor quality of food, the fact that every night in the MDR they had people from the three specialty restaurants trying to sell you a meal there, and the fact they kept up with the hard sell even after you said no. It was $25.00 for the martini demonstration and $35.00 to take the galley tour. Their activities during the day were not that interesting and we skipped almost all of them. I don't see myself sailing on Royal Caribbean again.

Not worth it at all

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by wgb7428

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Greece

wgb7428’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Cabin fixtures are dated. Between the white wash finish and the way the cabinets open and close the room was in need of an update. I think the room still has the original mattresses from when the ship was launched. The beds sagged in the middle with stiff high edges, very uncomfortable. Really noticed when we got back on board in Santorini that our cabin smelled just like the donkeys used to go up and down the hill. This smell stayed for the rest of the cruise, and we never got that close to the mules going up the hill. Cabin is located directly under the main atrium. If you try going to bed at a normal hour you're stuck listening to the band and people jumping on the floor until 24:00. The bathroom was really small and didn't even have an outlet to plug in a razor.
  Rhapsody of the Seas Deck Plans