3. Viking Baldur
Have to admit this was our first cruise of any kind. We had a fantastic time on the Baldur!! the crew was amazing. Jens, the Hotel manager was always available. The crew was friendly and very obliging. A special shout out to Jackson and Pamela for taking such good care of us in the Dining Room each night! Out Tour Director was Claus...who came in as a last minute replacement. He was so knowledgeable and has the patience of a saint! Low river levels continued along the Danube. we knew beforehand that it was a possibility that we would have to change ships due to this problem. Unfortunately we did...but the change over was seamless. Viking handled everything and we entered into the Viking Magni through crew members shouting hello! Of course no one wanted to have to repack but it could not be helped. Viking had no control over this situation. As a special treat Viking paid for all the guests to attend the Vienna Symphony concert...what a lovely night that was! Each port along the way was beautiful! The guides- for the most part- were very nice and had an amazing amount of knowledge about the cities and towns. Some days we had a guided tour in the morning and then the afternoon free to explore on your own. My husband and I especially enjoyed this aspect. Even with the transfer to the Magni we went to all the places listed in the original itinerary. The cabin, though small, was comfortable. Large bed...delightful! Bathroom was small but efficient. Now the food...unreal! Both ships had Chefs that were outstanding and very willing to make anything special. I do not eat much meat and every night there was a vegetarian meal available..including the appetizer! One evening, Chef George on the Magni, made me a special appetizer! The table of 8 with whom we ate was over the moon with the food! The breakfast buffet was endless...Lunch could be eaten in the Dining Room or up in the Lounge.. The view of Budapest at night was stunning...a definite must see! Our flight back to NY through Muncih was leaving at 6AM.. Viking had us on the bus by 3;30..after giving us breakfast! My husband and I would not hesitate to cruise with Viking again. In fact we look forward to it! It was worth every penny!

An Amazing 14 days

Viking Baldur Cruise Review by Teachergal52

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

The view of Budapest at night was stunning...a definite must see!

Teachergal52’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Baldur price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 235
Small but functional. Bed was extremely comfortable, Bathroom is small..
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins