• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

indyjnz
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I have cruised with HAL a number of times and was very disappointed with this cruise . It started with slow service all around the ship and ended with a nasty intestinal thing on debarkation day which made my flights home hell.

I felt they were understaffed in all the bars and restaurants onboard. You waited for almost everything. One of the gala nights we had the worst ever service and food. The lobster tail was a salt grey mass, but I must say the steak was cooked very well and very tasty. I was offered another entree when I mentioned it, but I declined because I did not want my friends to feel like they had to wait on me. After entrees were removed there was a lapse of at least 10-15 minutes we sat there with empty water glasses and no offer of coffee. I finally went to the mgr and complained and when the servers saw me coming back with him they hopped to bring our dessert and coffee. We watched tables around us who came in later leave before us and also one returned the surf and turf and get different entrées. We were offered complimentary after dinner drinks, but that did not make up for the birthday we were celebrating. The food overall was just good.

I feel the ship is ready for a little update too. Some areas looked a little shabby, such as the chairs in the theater.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Adequate room. Very good cabin steward

previous reviewnext review